AIR Instruments Expansion Pack 3 Complete by AIR Music Tech - $199.99 @ APD

Kirean

Not a deal at all. You can currently get this from pluginboutique for $119 if you own any Air Instrument (who doesn't) and it has been as cheap as $75. Everything in the pack is ancient and no longer developed or supported. I don't think I would pay $75 for it now. I do own it but it mostly just takes up space on my hard drive.

• Like 1

I would agree with that. Pretty sure you can grab those 3 for a tenner packs when on sale and get all of that (minus the Creative FX and expansions) for about 40 bucks  (depending where you get em, toss in a few freebies to boot). 3 of the 3 for packs, 9 synths, the 2 for 10 drum pack for boom and drum synth 500.

2 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Not a deal at all. You can currently get this from pluginboutique for $119 if you own any Air Instrument (who doesn't) and it has been as cheap as $75. Everything in the pack is ancient and no longer developed or supported. I don't think I would pay $75 for it now. I do own it but it mostly just takes up space on my hard drive.

Especially Structure. 

I would feel bad for anyone who blew $199 US on this package. I have a lot of the pluguns in there and bought them more than a decade ago. Most, if not all, of this stuff was released around 20 years ago and some of these plugins have been given away free and sold for a dollar (US). They're not bad, they're just not at the level of synths and sampler based plugins of the past decade.  If anyone is looking to spend $199 US on this, please first post in this thread and ask others for a list of alternatives for that money. 

IK makes a far superior B3 plugin. Arturia makes far superior plugins overall for synths. NI currently has Alicia's Keys piano library for $13 US at Plugin Boutique.  SonicCouture has the free version of their Hammersmith Piano that's vastly superior to the  piano included with this package. SoundPaint also has a free piano that's vastly superior to this. 

In 2024, selling this for $199 US almost feels like ripping people off. A fair price might be 30 or 40 bucks at most. Definitely not anything near $100 or more.  Again. Anyone who's considering this, please post, tell us what you like about this and ask about alternatives. You'll be blown away at how much better you can do with something else at this price range. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

Hybrid 3, Vacuum Pro, and Xpand!2 are all synths that I would not wish to be without. I think I have about $30 invested in them, not counting various $5 expansion packs purchased to qualify for PB BOGO's.

If you're into building songs around arps, as I am, Hybrid 3 does things that no other synth I've tried can do. Very versatile arpeggiator that can be stacked 2x for very complex arpage. And it just sounds great.

Xpand!2 is a crazy capable ROMpler with some great sounds.

Vacuum Pro is a great emulation of a subtractive analog synth, especially nice if you aren't interested in recreations of specific instruments.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Hybrid 3, Vacuum Pro, and Xpand!2 are all synths that I would not wish to be without. I think I have about $30 invested in them, not counting various $5 expansion packs purchased to qualify for PB BOGO's.

If you're into building songs around arps, as I am, Hybrid 3 does things that no other synth I've tried can do. Very versatile arpeggiator that can be stacked 2x for very complex arpage. And it just sounds great.

Xpand!2 is a crazy capable ROMpler with some great sounds.

Vacuum Pro is a great emulation of a subtractive analog synth, especially nice if you aren't interested in recreations of specific instruments.

I agree with your opinion and I have those three

• Like 1

Those three are pretty worthwhile indeed. Hybrid3 is quite unique and Vacuum Pro a full blown synth. even Xpand!2, as a rompler, is great. It has amazing pads. 

• Like 3