Philosophy anyone?

The below comment by Byron in the Deals area made me decide to make a thread on what I've been doing for the last six months!  (Only Rain knew about this prior.)

3 hours ago, Byron Dickens said:

Well, if you've had at least intro to philosophy and intro to psychology class you should know there is no such thing as "unbiased." Honest people who are attempting objectivity will acknowledge their biases and try to account for them.

I have much more faith in what someone says who admits to being biased than someone who pretends not to be.

Side-plug! 😁

I just finished the huge project of bringing this well-known Philosophy website into this millennium! Over 400 pages spanning 23+ years that was mostly written using old tools like Frontpage, so converting it to use normal HTML, CSS & JS was a lot of fun.  The site owner insisted I do it from scratch too (no tools or templates), so I did!  He was VERY exacting in how he wanted things to be.

Philosophical Society.com

Feel free to let me know what you think about it!  (Er, provided you DO think that is! 😜)

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

Looks good. Can we suggest additional quotes? Here's one from Mark Knopfler's song "Industrial Disease":

"Philosophy is useless. Theology is worse."

Disclaimer: I have a philosophy degree.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

theology is clearly not useless, it accounts for a **** ton  of **** around the world

philosophy underlies everything, to a degree

54 minutes ago, henkejs said:

Disclaimer: I have a philosophy degree.

me too

• Haha 1