Anybody else have Melodyne not working right after update to Version 2024.02 build 098 64 bit?

Its really being weird. My melodyne version is studio 5.3.1.018. The melodic algorithm is my default, now when it opens there arent any individual blobs only one long blob. If I try to cut the one long blob with the note separation tool, it will not cut. I tried other algorithms and found the percussive pitched gives me the usual blobs and they can be cut and act normally, but this is a vocal track not percussion. I think I can work with it this way, just wondering if anyone else is having melodyne weirdness?  I haven't done anything like windows updates lately, and just used melodyne normally quite a bit the other day before I updated to the new cakewalk version.  Anybody else? Thanks

Edited by treesha
fix subject spacing

• treesha changed the title to Anybody else have Melodyne not working right after update to Version 2024.02 build 098 64 bit?

I’ll test tomorrow. I haven’t recorded any audio since the update. I really doubt it as they didn’t seem to do much other than simple bug fixes and the off line activation. 
Which version do you have ?  I have Studio. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, John Vere said:

I’ll test tomorrow. I haven’t recorded any audio since the update. I really doubt it as they didn’t seem to do much other than simple bug fixes and the off line activation. 
Which version do you have ?  I have Studio. 

Hi John, thanks. I added studio to my post.  I have some other vsts acting weird too, blank gui, addictive drums error msg. So probably just me. I will likely uninstall and reinstall cake tomorrow and try again. I have very slow internet sometimes things dont download well! 

• Thanks 1

Have you run any diagnostic tests on your system? 
I had weird stuff happening last year about this time and turned out my C drive was acting up.

I ran Samsung Magician app which showed the read and write speed was way down from spec. The drive was a 250 GB Samsung SSD. 
I bought 2 x 500 GB drives for $50 each and used the Magician app to clone my C and D drives. Man did things perk up! 
Turns out it’s not how full a SSD drive is, it’s how many times it was written to. Writing and deleting stuff kills them. So music and video editing is a monster. 

But after I got stuff running I reformatted those old drives to use as back ups and they are OK again. So win, win. 

Long shot but just another one of those new things I learned about the care and feeding of a modern day PC. 

Oh and Melodyne working fine here on latest Cakewalk.

Here's a few tools I like to have on hand. 

https://semiconductor.samsung.com/us/consumer-storage/magician/    Best tool for cloning drives as well as diagnostics 

https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon    Not just the Latency Monitor but also grab Why so SLow 

https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy     Speccy which gives you a total overview of your PC even temperatures. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, John Vere said:

Oh and Melodyne working fine here on latest Cakewalk.

Wow, perfect timing John! Ur like Cakewalk Superman. I was actually just typing a comment here asking if anyone else had tried their melodyne since the update. 

I was planning on buying melodyne later today so when I saw this post, I wondered if it might be a bad time to buy. So yeah, Thanks for the good news. Now up, up & away to ur next post 😁

• Great Idea 1

Melodyne working fine for me as well.

something to check - when you find a number of plugins misbehaving - re-run the redistributables for Cakewalk

this happens to be the cure for when Microsoft Edge and several other companies are busy making your user experience better and embedding all the AI-wares to make sure every keystroke is a lead to a possible solution to the meaning of life, the universe, and everything...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Glenn Stanton said:

something to check - when you find a number of plugins misbehaving - re-run the redistributables for Cakewalk

this happens to be the cure for when Microsoft Edge and several other companies are busy making your user experience better and embedding all the AI-wares to make sure every keystroke is a lead to a possible solution to the meaning of life, the universe, and everything...

Hi Glenn

ty for the info. Can you tell me how to rerun those? I have no idea! Or point me to info. I did a clean reinstall of latest cakewalk following the instructions and quite a few things are still wonky. 

42 minutes ago, T Boog said:

Wow, perfect timing John! Ur like Cakewalk Superman. I was actually just typing a comment here asking if anyone else had tried their melodyne since the update. 

I was planning on buying melodyne later today so when I saw this post, I wondered if it might be a bad time to buy. So yeah, Thanks for the good news. Now up, up & away to ur next post 😁

Glad my post didnt deter you, melodyne is amazing! And yes John is so knowledgeable 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, treesha said:

Glad my post didnt deter you, melodyne is amazing! And yes John is so knowledgeable

Thanks treesha. Well being an old schooler, my pride's been holding me back from using any pitch correction. But I now realize that saving time is priceless. And after trying out the free trial a couple months ago, I was impressed with how natural it sounded. So yeah, it's time to pull the trigger.

Well, cheers and I hope u get ur problem fixed soon.

Ps. Maybe we should stop complimenting John so much. He could get a big head and realize he's too good for us . We gotta keep him humble so he never leaves us 🤫

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, T Boog said:

Thanks treesha. Well being an old schooler, my pride's been holding me back from using any pitch correction. But I now realize that saving time is priceless. And after trying out the free trial a couple months ago, I was impressed with how natural it sounded. So yeah, it's time to pull the trigger.

Well, cheers and I hope u get ur problem fixed soon.

Ps. Maybe we should stop complimenting John so much. He could get a big head and realize he's too good for us . We gotta keep him humble so he never leaves us 🤫

I use melodyne for creative stuff about as much as pitch correction. I hope i get straightened out soon too so i can get back to my song about vertigo, pun intended! 

Hi Treesha, I'm successfully using the latest CW with the same version of Melodyne that you're using.  Have you tried changing algorithms?  I typically use the melodic algorithm, but if it flatlines, I change it to polyphonic sustained and get the proper notes showing.  Or, it may be a different algorithm for you, so try a few.  Good luck!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Lynn Wilson said:

Hi Treesha, I'm successfully using the latest CW with the same version of Melodyne that you're using.  Have you tried changing algorithms?  I typically use the melodic algorithm, but if it flatlines, I change it to polyphonic sustained and get the proper notes showing.  Or, it may be a different algorithm for you, so try a few.  Good luck!

Ty Lynn, im sure its something with my computer cause so many many things are goofy. I tried all the algorithms and the only one that was sorta normal was percussive pitched on vocals so not good! Although probably workable. I uninstalled melodyne and addictive drums now and will try to figure out the rerun redistributals thing next if thats an underlying issue. 

I tested CW latest build (2024.02 build 98) + Melodyne latest realese 5.3.1.018 + Addictive Drums 2.3.4 build 23.1114

So far, all of them are working fine in my system.

I changed melodyne algorithms several times, and worked as expected.

Edited by Andres Medina
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

I ran Noels post program and still not normal. I noticed microsoft edge did something on the 29th, very strange as i dont even use it. Probably did not get any insights into the meaning of life from me! 

@T Boog Melodyne is to me the best upgrade to Cakewalk beyond anything else. 
Pitch correction is just one of many ways it can edit and clean up and audio track. Especially once you get to the top 2 versions that can edit chords. 
Have you ever accidentally hit a wrong string in the middle of an otherwise perfect take? No problem. Just highlight the bad chord, open Melodyne and move or delete the offending note. 

And fixing the timing of things like harmonies. 
And you can use the levelling tool to make every word the same volume. 

• Like 3

Hear hear! I'm currently doing a song that has 24 tracks of vocals... so far. (Everything is double tracked.)

Getting that tightened up in both pitch and timing would be well-nigh impossible without Melodyne Studio.

Other than having much better singers and making them do take after take until they get it right, which isn't feasible for a whole host of reasons!

• Like 2

@treesha 

Ill just toss in that re installing software rarely fixes anything. Think about it. The installer either worked or it didn’t. And most software stores all the associated files which often are not erased properly. 
Did you run the checks I mentioned? I’ll put my money on system issues. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, John Vere said:

@treesha 

Ill just toss in that re installing software rarely fixes anything. Think about it. The installer either worked or it didn’t. And most software stores all the associated files which often are not erased properly. 
Did you run the checks I mentioned? I’ll put my money on system issues. 

Thanks John just starting my day so will look into those you posted asap! I dont know much about any of them so my learning curve has to be awake ha. Maybe wont know what the findings mean ? I started off by a clean install of latest cake, as you said in one of your posts no need any longer to have so many older versions around. My internet is at 227 kbs at the moment so downloads can be challenging! Thanks again