Klevgrand Flash sale: Get ready for Leap day! 🗓️

cclarry

1 minute ago, Brian Walton said:

I can't think of any plugin that actually has resale value that is affordable.  

All the usual suspects have transfer fees, or big enough sales that someone else isn't going to pay real money for them.  Anything in this price range is basically a sunk cost, in my experience.  

I'm avoiding because I certainly don't need another plugin.  

U-he or D16 when on sale have excellent resale value. There are others, too. 

9 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I can't think of any plugin that actually has resale value that is affordable.  

All the usual suspects have transfer fees, or big enough sales that someone else isn't going to pay real money for them.  Anything in this price range is basically a sunk cost, in my experience.  

I'm avoiding because I certainly don't need another plugin.  

Aaaa....do we ever need another plugin? I'm just glad I dodged the bullet on the reverbs.

I've never sold a plugin and to be honest I probably never will. Too much hassle.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Aaaa....do we ever need another plugin? I'm just glad I dodged the bullet on the reverbs.

I've never sold a plugin and to be honest I probably never will. Too much hassle.

I've sold a lot and never had big problems. 

After years of toying around with hundreds of plugins, I've defined my own standards and cut down my setup. Good choice, I have to say. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ralfrobert said:

U-he or D16 when on sale have excellent resale value. There are others, too. 

U-He even on sale isn't exactly in this inexpensive category.  I've never bought anything from D16 but have a couple of them, while I'm not a used plugin shopper - this one is new to me that there is actually a market for them.

Right. Looks as if the code isn't use it once and that's you done as I'd hoped. I've ruled out Rum and Kleverb again. What about Haaze? I've got Nugen Stereo Placer and love it. Should I get Haaze?

8 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Right. Looks as if the code isn't use it once and that's you done as I'd hoped. I've ruled out Rum and Kleverb again. What about Haaze? I've got Nugen Stereo Placer and love it. Should I get Haaze?

Don't replace a beloved plugin with another one. :)

11 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

U-He even on sale isn't exactly in this inexpensive category.  I've never bought anything from D16 but have a couple of them, while I'm not a used plugin shopper - this one is new to me that there is actually a market for them.

D16 resells for the 60% off sale prices we have now. And like u-he, you are likely to keep them. :)

I will put it this way: Most of what I keep using all the time is on the more expensive side and from well known vendors. If I add up the costs for crap over the last five years, it sums up to Omnisphere twice. 

Was going to get 4 plugins. Demoed them first. Have no need for the transient fertiliser as yet. And the noise reduction one ended up adding weird artifacts.

Ended up buying Skaka and Reamp though. Looking forward to having more of a play with them. 

• Like 1