Shure SM7B Dynamic Vocal Microphone only $229.99

jesse g

Hey Everyone,

Sorry, but after emailing the company, I found that this is not an actual Shure Facility,Β Β 

Β These are resold units and they are not informing me about the actual condition of the items.Β  Β I cancelled my order.Β Β 

I DON"T WANT TO HERE IT JON D!    LOL, LOL.  😁😁😁😁😁
Β 

Edited by jesse g
  • Great Idea 1
  • Sad 2

I would be VERY wary of any Shure or Sennheiser mics being sold at a "too good to be true" price.Β  A quick search at Amazon and Ebay shows DOZENS of popular mics being sold for a third to half of their normal street price.Β  It seems obvious that there is at least one Chinese factory that has dedicated itself to making Shure and Sennheiser (There may be other makers, but these are the names I see most often) quality knockoffs that are so good cosmetically, it's often difficult to tell from the real thing.

Consequently, there are now many resellers in the states (and I would imagine elsewhere) helping to pawn these off to buyers thinking they got the deal of a lifetime.

Walmart uses resellers too.Β  So, just because these mics are being sold by Walmart, doesn't mean Shure has made them an authorized dealer (In fact, I'm pretty sure they haven't).Β 

Bottom line, the sheer number of "brand new" or "mint condition" mics of popular makes/models being sold by resellers for half the normal street price makes it pretty clear what is going on.

More than one customer review left on the ad you listed pretty much make the same claim.Β  I really hope that in this case I'm wrong about this -- but with the marketplace being flooded with these knockoffs, I wouldn't count on this sale being the exception...

Edited by JonD
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jesse g said:

When I purchased it, it showed the the seller and shipper as being Sure.Β 

Hopefully it was spelled Shure, not Sure.Β  πŸ˜‰

And who knows?Β  Maybe Shure is selling refurbs through Walmart... but of course, one would hope that they are advertising them that way (as refurbished or Open Box items, and not "Brand New").

18 minutes ago, jngnz said:

Congrats, you probably bought a $20 mic for $229.

Shure SM7B Vocal Dynamic Microphone Black Mic New
Sold and shipped byΒ Shure StoreΒ  Β 
View seller information
Free 30-day returnsDetails

Walmart is a great souce for buying Studio Items at a lower price.Β 

KRK 8400 Studio Headphones shippeded directly from KRK
Yamaha HS8 8 Active Monitors shipped directly from Yahama.
Warm Audio Cables, Shipped directly from Warm Audio.Β Β 

Don't sleep on Walmart, they are a middle man for a lot of popular companies.Β 

Email I received says it's being shipped from Shure Chicago, Illinois.   Aren't they located in Illinois?  😁

Edited by jesse g

Again, I hope you got a legit deal....

But here's the info about the "Shure Store":

Β 

Business Name: House of Savoy

(501) 551-5465

2745 W Logan Blvd

Suite G

Chicago, IL 60647, US

Β 

Nothing there suggests they're a proper rep of the Shure Company. (Oddly, the 501 area code is in Arkansas).

Also, I guess we're supposed to ignore the two customer reviews claiming they got fakes from that individual....

Edited by JonD

Well, I guess we have to wait and see, but then I have 30 days to return it.  So if it's legit, I'll keep it and if it's not after I inspect it, I'll send it back to Walmart and not loose a thing but some time.  😁

Edited by jesse g
  • Like 1

I clicked on the link in the OP and the "at a glance" section right under the picture has the Brand listed as "HDY" Be very careful about listings even on major retailers... a lot of the retailers know nothing about the product, so false advertising can slip under the radar fairly easily. Often they use exact duplicates of the manufacturer's promo material (just copied from the real product), but it is not until you start digging that you find they are a knockoff.

4 minutes ago, mettelus said:

I clicked on the link in the OP and the "at a glance" section right under the picture has the Brand listed as "HDY" Be very careful about listings even on major retailers... a lot of the retailers know nothing about the product, so false advertising can slip under the radar fairly easily. Often they use exact duplicates of the manufacturer's promo material (just copied from the real product), but it is not until you start digging that you find they are a knockoff.

Walmarts Hdy is a specific online price from Walmart not available in the store.Β  Β I found that out when I went to get the Nija Foodi from them.Β  Β The online price was one thing and in the store retail price was another.

Just now, jesse g said:

Well, I guess we have to wait and see, but then I have 30 days to return it.  So if it's legit, I keep it and if it's not after I inspect it, I'll send it back to Walmart and lot loose a thing but some time.  😁

I'd check it out thoroughly and return it sooner than later (In the details, it implies that for electronics, it's 14 days, not 30).

Also, be aware you will have to return to "The Shure Store", not Walmart.

Best of luck to you.

JonD,

Anything purchased from Walmart online can be returned via their Supercenter, I've done it plenty of times.Β  Also, for this particular item, it showsΒ  that free 30-day returns are available.

Β 

Just want to say thank you all for the valuable information! It’s a good reminder that fakes do exist so to be vigilant. Hopefully that’s not the case here and look forward to your review when it arrives.

ps unless things have changed, not all items ordered at Walmart.com can be returned in store. Learnt that one the hard way a few years ago.Β 

Edited by JT3Jon

13 minutes ago, JT3Jon said:

Just want to say thank you all for the valuable information! It’s a good reminder that fakes do exist so to be vigilant. Hopefully that’s not the case here and look forward to your review when it arrives.

ps unless things have changed, not all items ordered at Walmart.com can be returned in store. Learnt that one the hard way a few years ago.Β 

JT3Jon,

Anything purchased from Walmart online can be returned via their Walmart Supercenter.Β  I had a store that would not accept an online 3rd party vendor's item sold at Walmart Online at their store and the returns person kept saying it couldn't be returned there. Well, she was correct, but she didn't know that the Supercenter could take the return back.Β  I called Walmart Corporate office and they instructed me to take it to the Walmart Supercenter and they took it back.Β  Β Supercenters receive all Walmart's online purchases there.Β  Β 

Β 

• Thanks 2

OK All, read my initial post.

I have cancelled my order with Walmart and have now purchased atΒ RodeΒ NT1 Signature Series Condenser Microphone KitΒ Β from WalmartΒ  Just kidding.Β  I ordered the Rode NT1 signature series from Sweetwater

Did ya hear me, I said Sweetwater!Β  Β LOLΒ Β 

Edited by jesse g
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, jesse g said:

OK All, read my initial post.

I have cancelled my order with Walmart and have now purchased atΒ RodeΒ NT1 Signature Series Condenser Microphone KitΒ Β from WalmartΒ  Just kidding.Β  I ordered the Rode NT1 signature series from Sweetwater

Did ya hear me, I said Sweetwater!Β  Β LOLΒ Β 

That's good news, Jesse.Β  You can't go wrong with Sweetwater.Β  Let us know how you like the mic!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jesse g said:

🀐  Β  πŸ˜›Β Β  πŸ‘

Edited by JonD
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jesse g said:

Hey Everyone,

Sorry, but after emailing the company, I found that this is not an actual Shure Facility,Β Β 

Β These are resold units and they are not informing me about the actual condition of the items.Β  Β I cancelled my order.Β Β 

Β 

I was rooting for you.

But yeah, better to be sure.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1