U-he Zebralette 3 Public Beta Released... not a deal?

ralfrobert

I've been using  Tone 2's nanohost to play instrument plugins standalone, but it only works with vst2.

I just found Digital Brain Instruments' free  vPlayer 4 Lite   which appears to do the job for vst3.

Works a bit different from nanohost - it runs standalone and you load the vst3 into its plugin slot (only one slot for the Lite version which is all I need).

Edited by Paul P
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Anxiousmofo said:

This beta is silly great but i wish it had a multicore option. It is eating my old 5820k for breakfast when I get going with it. 

That's normal with beta products
You could be right, but we should analyze these details with the final version of the product to draw correct conclusions.

8 minutes ago, Niky Serrano said:

That's normal with beta products
You could be right, but we should analyze these details with the final version of the product to draw correct conclusions.

Aye. I'm in for the full ride into Zebra 3. Love U-he. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Anxiousmofo said:

This beta is silly great but i wish it had a multicore option. It is eating my old 5820k for breakfast when I get going with it. 

The repro small version beta by u he also used ton of resources and still available for free if u try to find

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Anxiousmofo said:

The repro small version beta by u he also used ton of resources and still available for free if u try to find

• Thanks 1

At first glance, I find Zebralette a bit of an oddball synth.  A bit of everything, but nothing in any great detail.  Maybe that's the intention and Zebra 3 will fill everything out.

I have separate synths for the different categories of synthesis and I'd be more inclined to use them, each for its specialty.

For free it's a great gift.

2 hours ago, Paul P said:

At first glance, I find Zebralette a bit of an oddball synth.  A bit of everything, but nothing in any great detail.  Maybe that's the intention and Zebra 3 will fill everything out.

The free versions, when available,  that come with Computer Music magazine come with more oscillators and functionality than the vanilla free version.

• Like 1