UVI releases "Aurora" (Textured Piano) - 79€ Intro Price

Solidos

https://www.uvi.net/aurora

79€ 129€ Intro Price (-39%)

Creative, Intimate and Modern Piano

UVI Aurora comes from the need for a creative, modern-oriented piano sound - reinforcing the piano's powerful tonal signature with a wide range of curated textural elements and atmospheres for a completely new, and uniquely expressive experience.

From playful and delicate to brooding and atmospheric, the sounds of Aurora are rich with emotion and deep with creative possibility. Explore new inspirations, create breathtaking sonic tapestries, and rediscover the piano as an innovative and definitively modern studio instrument.

Edited by Solidos
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Installed (I have the subscription), a very quick listen to some of the presets and a bit of tweaking and I think its going to be a winner.

I agree. These days I don’t buy any plugin unless it’s something totally different from what I already have. I’ve been playing through the presets now for a while and I find Aurora to be really inspiring, although I tend to turn off Textures for most of them.

As for the crossgrade price, I bought Aurora for €39. I do have the UVI Keysuite Bundle, so that might be it.

• Like 2

A Press Desk article at KVR says this:

PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
Aurora is available immediately with a special introductory price of $79 / 79€, with crossgrade pricing of $39 / 39€ for users of Austrian Grand, now through February 25th, 2024 (regularly $129 / 129€) [emphasis added]

I have no idea of the validity of this; I'm just posting it because I was curious after seeing the posts here. 

JMO: I think it is in manufacturers' and consumers' interest to be transparent about details like this.

Edited by User 905133
deleted an errant word ("as")
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Aurora is available immediately with a special introductory price of $79 / 79€, with crossgrade pricing of $39 / 39€ for users of Austrian Grand [...]

I think I see a pattern here.

As for Aurora, UVI says: “Aurora’s piano sound is based on a world-class concert grand recorded at the renowned Guillaume Tell sound stage in Paris.

As for Austrian Grand, UVI says: “Billed as the ultimate concert grand, the Austrian Grand is renowned for its rich sound and exemplary dynamics. Deeply multi-sampled at the Guillaume Tell sound stage in Paris […]

So, I would guess that the reason for letting owners of Austrian Grand get a deep discount is that Aurora most likely is based on the same samples. I really like Austrian Grand (a Bösendorfer), not least because of its clear, dark bass tones.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I see Aurora as an add-on to the Austrian Grand, like a soundware pack, adding more samples and presets. Pretty pretty good. 

Indeed it is. So, does this mean that you've bought it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canopus said:

Indeed it is. So, does this mean that you've bought it?

In da house!

Aurora is a GB or so larger than Austrian, and has 1500 more samples as well as some 200 more presets, according to the info on UVI’s website for both titles. But there’s a lot of processing added as well.

• Like 1