Plugin Boutique “your password is expired”

MrFigg

For me PIB login has been a PITA for a long time -  only works in private mode and then multiple captchas (sometimes into double figures) before it will let me in. Honestly, I can't remember the last time they had any offers that were even slightly appealing to me. I've never been asked before to change my password in however many years I've had an account with them, so it's totally BS to claim that it is their normal practice. I'm not sure I can even be bothered to jump through the amount of hoops it takes with them any more. 

4 hours ago, User 905133 said:

In my case I repeatedly got into an endless loop because my current password was not accepted, even after I pretended I had forgotten it. 

3 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

It's strange that your old password wasn't accepted when trying to change the password.

I agree. 

3 minutes ago, paulo said:

For me PIB login has been a PITA for a long time -  only works in private mode and then multiple captchas (sometimes into double figures) before it will let me in. Honestly, I can't remember the last time they had any offers that were even slightly appealing to me. I've never been asked before to change my password in however many years I've had an account with them, so it's totally BS to claim that it is their normal practice. I'm not sure I can even be bothered to jump through the amount of hoops it takes with them any more. 

Thanks for sharing your experiences which I have no reason to doubt.  I have also had issues with multiple captchas, but more frequently with other places than Plugin Boutique.  I had no plans to curtail doing business with them before today, but given the totality of the discussion so far, that might change. If I do change my consumer practices, it will be a personal decision.    

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

No, it's not! 

All other password changing  procedures I have had at various workplaces and indeed most work-related and consumer-based websites that require password changes did not cause the problems that I had with Plugin Boutique.  

But you phoned IT helpdesk and they fixed it so all good right?

I actually love it when I get locked out at work. Best excuse ever. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

All other password changing  procedures I have had at various workplaces and indeed most work-related and consumer-based websites that require password changes did not cause the problems that I had with Plugin Boutique.  

16 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

But you phoned IT helpdesk and they fixed it so all good right?

If you are referring to all the places other than PB, I would wander into the tech department for a number of issues but not for something as simple and basic as changing a password. 

As for PB, once I finally got to a Forgot Password link that worked properly (i.e., not the Invalid Password loop) and used the link that was e-mailed to me, yes, I was able to change my password.  I try not to lie, but the PB website left me no choice but to pretend I forgot.   

Even though the e-mail was most likely automated, I did reply:

Thank you.  By using this link I was able to change my password. It seems to have accepted my expired password instead of telling me over and over that my current password was expired.

16 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

I actually love it when I get locked out at work. Best excuse ever. 

I always had non-computer tasks I could do.  Usually did those on a time-available basis.  But in hindsight, I should not have been so diligent. 😉 

2 hours ago, User 905133 said:

No, it's not! 

Why are you yelling?  This is a conversation not a shouting match.    I had to quiet your shouting down some.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I try not to lie, but the PB website left me no choice but to pretend I forgot.   

I think you were doing what any other computer savvy (the ability to make good judgments) person would do: try to find a solution. Clicking the "forgot password" was not a lie. It was trouble shooting. 

• Thanks 1