IK ARC System 3 for $99.99

cclarry

1 hour ago, Nick Blanc said:

Already using it. I have my studio in my very suboptimal living room. I'm not putting up ugly (or less ugly but still nothing to look at) soundproofing.

image.thumb.png.be40afe60f37e061968b2eb533d5e7c5.png

Your curve doesn't really look that bad compared to the one ARC showed for my room.  It sort of reminded me of the Swiss Alps on a sunny day.

• Haha 5

Thanks for the info, couldn’t resist! Now let‘s see if this calibration file for the MEMS mic that someone created on gearspace works. I was about to buy a measurement mic anyway,  quite cheeky that IK Multimedia don’t offer such a file on their own. I also want to use it outside of ARC…

Edited by TVbene

3 minutes ago, TVbene said:

Thanks for the info, couldn’t resist! Now let‘s see if this calibration file for the MEMS mic that someone created on gearspace works. I was about to buy a measurement mic anyway,  quite cheeky that IK Multimedia don’t offer calibration one on their own. I also want to use it outside of ARC…

IK does sell the MEMS Mic separately for $79.99

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/arcmic/?pkey=mems-measurement-microphone-for-arc-system

I used this after finishing off my basement studio last year and it worked great.  My beef with this software is that it doesn't have a "system wide" capability - you can only use it in your DAW as a plugin.   So I really just used it for measuring the best potions and settings for my monitors and sub with no intention of using the correction, and it worked great. I listen to Tidal and YouTube for referencing so I don't use it.

It's a big dedicated space and I have the luxury of being able to move my listening position around as well as the monitors.   After I get all the gear and crap back into the space and add some acoustic treatment, I'll re-measure then.  But for now, I'm happy and it's world's better than where I started!  (I wish I had the software when I was mixing for years in my unfinished basement so I could have taken before/after measurements.)

I started here, where I wanted my listening position to be:

ARC3-pos01-2023-03-05.thumb.jpg.80d8c609846f4206a4479163f5b99b6b.jpg

After after weeks of moving things around and tweaking settings on my subwoofer and monitors, got here.

ARC3-pos20-2023-03-25.thumb.jpg.dac8531657816a57a72c6717bce5dbef.jpg

Edited by mibby
  • Like 3