50% off new Overloud TH-U Made In Rock Rig Libraries, the first to feature Overloud's new profiling + modeling (aka Liquid Profiling) technology. Now $29 each or get all 3 for $69:

cclarry

Just that you don't seem to be able to actually buy it yet. It seems you can go through the motions at JRR, at Overloud site you can't even do that.

In time I guess, but would be nice to have it all ready when the but it signs go up.

• Great Idea 1

Just finished testing the new amp models against other plugins. I was able to match both tone and response between competing products.

My personal impression. It appears to be Amplitube meets TONEX kind of thing, if it makes sense. You definitely get very alive and natural sounding emulation of the real gear, which is easy to use and reacts to tweaks as it should.

While this new amp emulation is a step in the right direction, it might not add anything new to your existing tool-set. Make sure to demo it first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I certainly agree with a lot of what you said there, especially the need for each to demo it first, and that goes for pretty much all plugins/software.

The above of course I do not adhere to myself 😁I purchased the 3 pack, my personal opinion would rate this below TONEX in sound/tone and feel. The only place I would say it was better was in the fact that it was more 'amp like' in that like amp sims we are used to you can adjust all controls just like a real amp, as apposed to the static like capture deal. Although I find you 'can' adjust the controls in TONEX without being sent to a tonal hell as they first put in to our heads. Various 3rd party capture vendors actually encourage it, so, whatever works I guess, and the old "If it sounds good, it is good" applies.

I have TONEX MAX and an extensive collection of 3rd party capture packs, and I derive my opinion from my all up experience with TONEX, where with packs like those from Amalgum where the captures in a pack go from Clean to Mean somewhat negate 'seemingly' not having amp like access to the amps controls, and that with no qualms adjusting dials if I feel, or adjusting tonal and volume/gain aspects of the final sound with the guitars own controls or input strength elsewhere in the chain, I feel that the TONEX sound and feel stands atop of a growing tree.

I've had some HiGain captures which I got great tones for other genres than metal, edge of breakup, rock tones.  Any way this is all my own opinion, and as with all opinions they are just that, opinions, none wright or wrong in the absolute.

Edited by heath row
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2024 at 7:32 AM, Soundwise said:

While this new amp emulation is a step in the right direction, it might not add anything new to your existing tool-set. Make sure to demo it first.

This tends to be my sentiment with a lot of amp sims and ITB focus over the past few years. I finally got around to upgrading to TH-U a couple Christmases ago, but have barely touched it or downloaded any of the content for it (even the free monthly stuff). It is one of the areas where I actually wanted a hardware focus with an ITB "option," since sitting in front of a computer monitor to play guitar is not my cup of tea. A lot of amp sims are not introducing new amp/cabs, but more settings on existing ones and not something I would pay for. There is very little that cannot be programmed (with almost any amp sim) "as they sit today," so paying someone to tweak my amp for me is not overly appealing (mainly because you are not forced to learn how to tweak an amp).

I ended up with the HELIX Floor/Native combo (which was a free app when I got my Floor); but I must caveat that with I spend significantly more time not in front of the computer, although Native is a far easier way to tweak programs. One thing that has bothered me over the years is that Carvin amps were never modeled... but when that bubbled back up a few months back and I started digging deeper, I got a chuckle when I found out the "Legendary Drive" in the HELIX is the emulation of the Carvin Legacy Drive (and reportedly uses almost 25% of the DSP processing all by itself and is the heaviest DSP user internal to the Floor).

I'm a big TH-U fan - I've been using it for a few years as my go-to amp sim, and have bought a couple of the expansions, which I really like (after demoing).  I demo'd this one and it leaves me completely cold: none of the 3 models sound nice or usable to my ears.

Meh.