Sonible Smart EQ 3 & Smart EQ 4 don't work properly

FJ Lamela

As the header says, these plugins do not work properly, specifically the group function that is basic for automatic mixing by layers, etc. After doing several tests it seems that the plugins cannot communicate so groups cannot be made with the different tracks in which the plugins are inserted. The same thing happens in smart EQ3 and smart EQ4. They do not work in vst2 or vst3. In Studio one (latest version) and Cubase (latest version) it works properly without any problem. Any solution?. Thank you

• 1 month later...

Don't try too many Sonible Smart Plugs in your Cakewalk project file ..You won't be able to open it again unless in safe mode. I had to strip all mine out and it was quite a pain staking process of elimination ..The first few plugs  are fine, and that leads you into false sense of security then all of a sudden  you can't open your project. I still think they are great plugs..I might try them in a wrapper like Metaplugin in Cakewalk  or in another DAW like Tracktion

Edited by Soda
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Soda said:

Don't try too many Sonible Smart Plugs in your Cakewalk project file ..You won't be able to open it again unless in safe mode. I had to strip all mine out and it was quite a pain staking process of elimination ..The first few plugs  are fine, and that leads you into false sense of security then all of a sudden  you can't open your project.

Whoa whoa whoa, if this is the case, please report it to the devs, per the instructions in this forum. Sonible's products are popular among Cakewalk users and if there are compatibility issues, the devs need to know.

Have you tried contacting Cakewalk support and Sonible support to see what they say?

• Thanks 1

Does not seem to happening to everyone.

As a test, I created 100 audio tracks.

In each track’s FX bin I insert an instance of Sonitus Reverb and Sonitus Phaser. 

That is, the project had 100 instances of Sonitus Reverb and 100 instances of Sonitus Phaser

I was able to save the project and close CbB. Then open the project in normal mode.

That is on a PC as per my signature.

2 hours ago, Promidi said:

In each track’s FX bin I insert an instance of Sonitus Reverb and Sonitus Phaser. 

That is, the project had 100 instances of Sonitus Reverb and 100 instances of Sonitus Phaser

The OP is having trouble with Sonible's Smart EQ. Cakewalk's Sonitus fx are a different thing.

Smart EQ has a special feature, inter plug-in communication. If you put different instances of it on different tracks, they can talk to each other.

That's a more difficult thing for a host to cope with because it's outside the VST2/3 spec.

If the Cakewalk devs know there's an issue, they can work with Sonible to get the programs to stay out of each others' way.

Testing them with another host like REAPER or Waveform would help eliminate or confirm that the problem is specific to Cakewalk.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Testing them with another host like REAPER or Waveform would help eliminate or confirm that the problem is specific to Cakewalk.

Op tested them in s1 and cubase without issue

• Great Idea 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got to add mine to smart EQ 4, I haven't gotten far with what does and does not work because when I bypass via fx bin and unbypass there is no processing until I move a node or something, I can't trust that I will remember to change a setting slightly just to make sure it's processing.  I truely was hoping this would be a well know bug so I don't have to contact them and more than like get no results if I'm the only one with this problem.  

I seem to have weird problems that others don't and I think some of them are related to my apollo x8.  when I used focusrite I had way less problems.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

If you use the learn button and play some of your song, Sonible will move several nodes to where it thinks it  should go. After that initial song scan, there should be a good amount of Eq change with the on off switch. 

• Thanks 1