UVI Select Bundle €199 at NI

ralfrobert

26 minutes ago, GoncaloL said:

This bundle works like if you bought from UVI? Can this be used inside Falcon I dont know if understand this nks thing.

I have some of those instruments, but it is really a great price

You get a single code to redeem on UVI and can use UVI Portal to install things.

Edited by Kirean
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Kirean said:

You get a single code to redeem on UVI and can use UVI Portal to install things.

Thanks Kirean,

It is great value this bundle,  Augmented orchestra BF sale alone was 150€.

I have some of them but just for Augmented orchestra,  IRCAM prepared piano 2 and Quadra, i might bite this one

UVI nks support must be a recent thing, had no idea.

Edited by GoncaloL

This is comparable to the Image-line deal when they acquired UVI:

• UVI Power Bundle - 199€ (bold = also part of the NKS bundle)
    • BeatBox Anthology 2
    • PX Memories
    • Program 24
    • FM Suite
    • Shade
    • Sparkverb
    • Dual Delay X
    • Scratch Machine
    • Quadra: Muted & Harmonics
    • Meteor
    • Augmented Orchestra
    • Austrian Grand
    • Drum Designer
    • 8-Bit Synth
    • Emulation II+
    • Synth Anthology 3 (version 4 in NKS bundle)

So you are getting IRCAM Prepared Piano 2, Whoosh & Nagoya Harp instead of the not bolded ones above. A fantastic deal in my opinion, wish I had the money for it.

Edited by Solidos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Solidos said:

Could someone tell me how UVI's upgrade system works? How much would having FM Suite & Emulation II+ in your account decrease the price of Vintage Vault 4?

Well im not sure how it works as i have only 3 products of that bundle and my upgrade price is 100€ less, i would assume it would be a smaller cut tbh.

Dont know if having a good deal (as i have) of their catalog outside that bundle helps to lower that price

2 hours ago, Solidos said:

Could someone tell me how UVI's upgrade system works? How much would having FM Suite & Emulation II+ in your account decrease the price of Vintage Vault 4?

2 hours ago, GoncaloL said:

Well im not sure how it works as i have only 3 products of that bundle and my upgrade price is 100€ less, i would assume it would be a smaller cut tbh.

Dont know if having a good deal (as i have) of their catalog outside that bundle helps to lower that price

I have UVI Power Bundle and it does not, zero decrease! It does not show up in my products list on UVI web site.

https://www.uvi.net/my-products

It only shows up in UVI portal app as a bundle product. In iLok account also it shows up as a bundle product.

I think UVI Select Bundle would be the same. Can someone confirm?

Edited by smde

57 minutes ago, smde said:

FYI

"However if you want UVI content without iLok DRM attached watch this space. Something is coming."

"We bought UVI. But we have no plans to mess with their awesome products and company. 

But, yes the plan is to replace Pace iLok with something less objectionable."

https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?t=318019

🙂

meh, unless they plan on doing away with copy protection altogether IMHO this is hardly a win.  It'll be just another private authorization system** that I have to notate in my password safe just so I remember their particular flavoring and next time I rebuild my system I'll may have to do multiple authorizations for my UVI plugins instead of just the one iLok. On a new system I can download & install the iLok manager and I've got over 400 plugins authorized in less than 15 minutes total.

**Probably they'll build their DRM into the UVI Portal app which might not be bad as long as you can mass authorize plugins.  

Edited by TheSteven
fixed typos
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

meh, unless they plan on doing away with copy protection altogether IMHO this is hardly a win.  It'll be just another private authorization system** that I have to notate in my password safe just so I remember their particular flavoring and next time I rebuild my system I'll may have to do multiple authorizations for my UVI plugins instead of just the one iLok. On a new system I can download & install the iLok manager and I've got over 400 plugins authorized in less than 15 minutes total.

**Probably they'll build their DRM into the UVI Portal app which might not be bad as long as you can mass authorize plugins.  

I couldn't agree more!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Am I the only one finding it odd UVI products on sale at NI?

Is Spitfire next?  Sampletank?

Probably trying to leverage the marketing muscle of another company to reach new customers.
Somewhat similar to PA having sales on plugins for developers not under their umbrella and possibly not joining their umbrella.
You get new eyeballs checking out your stuff - a potential win for both companies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Probably trying to leverage the marketing muscle of another company to reach new customers.
Somewhat similar to PA having sales on plugins for developers not under their umbrella and possibly not joining their umbrella.
You get new eyeballs checking out your stuff - a potential win for both companies.

It sets my DAW conspiracy senses tingling.   I get it when it comes to plugins but romplers not so much,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

It sets my DAW conspiracy senses tingling.   I get it when it comes to plugins but romplers not so much,

Go into Windows Control Panel / System Settings / 3rd Party Integration Services and set Rampant Paranoia level down to 5 or even 3.
You probably have it set to 7 which known to cause tingling with VST plugins.

Edited by TheSteven
OCD, fixing typo, bored...
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Seriously though - that's a good point.
A VST is just a DLL run by a hosting app, usually a DAW, - so someone could pack it with malicious code, malware, spyware, etc..
If the DAW is run with Admin privileges that DLL is basically running in GOD Mode and it can interact directly with the OS to do what it wants providing it's not blocked by antivirus or antimalware systems.
A rompler on the other hand, like a Kontakt, uses libraries composed of samples & macros that work within the rompler but not the directly with the OS - so if the rompler is secure/stable the libraries should be safe.