NI Introducing Spotlight Collection: Ireland

cclarry

Spotlight Collection: Ireland for $99

Enjoying Irish Harp? Now you can save on the sounds of 10 more traditional Irish instruments, including the fiddle, tenor banjo, and uillean pipes. Spotlight Collection: Ireland offers an array of scales and patterns for authentic performances.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/spotlight-collection/ireland/

• Like 2

I'm guessing this will be included in the next version (s) of KOMPLETE (Standard and up). While these may not be detailed / deep sampled libraries. I'm sure that they are good quality, like the other Spotlight Collection titles. I'd be happy to get this as part of the next KOMPLETE.  I love Irish music and instruments. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

NI libraries are getting bloated.

I think one could do better with various 3rd party developers.

Upgrade - upgrade from what?

No mention of features, quality, mic positions, articulations when you say "bloated". What does this mean exactly?

I have an "accordian" on floppy disk that is 1mb. You're welcome to have it so I can save hard drive space. It feels "bloated" to me.

Also - might want to look at Orchestral Tools when you say bloated. There are some libraries with 20 mic positions (spot 1, spot 2, spot 3, spot 4, spot 5, decca, mix, close, wide, wider, widest, in ear, next to kidneys, football field 2 miles away, simulated "moon perspective", sewer under studio, simulated "cockroach antenna", bathroom stall at flower shop next door, and 3D auditory ASMR musicians wisdom tooth contact mic", etc.

I think the wisdom tooth contact mic is AMAZING when mixed with the decca mics and little bit of the moon mic. Personal preference.

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Bridget Murphy said:

Thank you for sharing, the library included seems tailor made for Irish instruments, but also include others like banjo.

The tenor banjo in the demo seems a little light, compared to a full-bodied Irish Tenor banjo.  Here is the late-great Barney McKenna

• Like 1