Klanghelm TENS and TENS jr. - studio spring reverb plugins released

Szilárd

https://klanghelm.com/contents/products/TENS

https://klanghelm.com/contents/products/TENSjr

Klanghelm has announced their first reverb-plugin, TENS after 3.5 years in development.

TENS has been modeled after a range of high-end studio spring reverbs introduced in the 1970s to early 1980s from a famous Austrian company.

A free little brother named TENS jr. is available as well for free.

k2.jpg

k1.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

A spring reverb after all this years is a bit underwhelming, but oh well. Also, without having tried it yet, it seems to be sharing a lot of ground in terms of possible usages with Fuse's VREV-305, being a clean, not-very-spring-y spring reverb and all. Guess I'll find out.

not exactly any old spring verb, but the AKG BX series. UAD has one (the BX20) for $199 or maybe $99, depending on the promotion. have some IRs of a BX20, but the Klangheim is way easier to use. and for 24€, a deal.

have and use the Fuse Audio Labs VREV-305 as well, finding this class of spring verbs to work well with acoustic/organic ensembles, or pretty much anything where you're working with a smaller/more intimate vibe and trying not to wash things out with a plate or some digital verb. ymmv.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Clint Martin said:

hmmm. It's been a long time since Klanghelm's done anything. I do have all of the others.

I felt the same, even though there have been minor updates to his other plugins over the last few years. When I purchased TENS using PayPal, his website automatically created a user account with a temporary password using the email account from PayPal. Since I moved to France, I had to set up a new email. All of my previous purchases were in a user account under my U.S. email address. So, I sent an email to his help address asking if it was possible to consolidate the two user accounts under my new email. He replied in less that TWO MINUTES, saying that he'd done that and deleted the previous user account. Absolutely SUPERIOR service!

• Like 9

nice comment from the lead dev for Valhalla.

"We put TENS on just to give it a listen. Sounds SPECTACULAR. I'm super impressed with both the spoing-y-ness of it (physical modeling right there!) and the overall smooth sound. Love it on drums. The different modes all sound great. Really captures that BX sound, where it has that spring sound while overall being much closer to a plate reverb (and a well tuned plate reverb at that). Nice work!"

• Like 9

44 minutes ago, jackson white said:

nice comment from the lead dev for Valhalla.

"We put TENS on just to give it a listen. Sounds SPECTACULAR. I'm super impressed with both the spoing-y-ness of it (physical modeling right there!) and the overall smooth sound. Love it on drums. The different modes all sound great. Really captures that BX sound, where it has that spring sound while overall being much closer to a plate reverb (and a well tuned plate reverb at that). Nice work!"

Two guys who have always been very classy.

• Like 9

Back in the day (10 or 12 years ago or so) Valhalla, Klanghelm, and Tokyo Dawn, were kind of just getting started and I have just about everything from them all.

Along with Toneboosters and Variety of Sound, they're still some of my favorite devs and some of my most used plugins. 

Edited by Clint Martin
  • Like 7

29 minutes ago, Clint Martin said:

Back in the day (10 or 12 years ago or so) Valhalla, Klanghelm, and Tokyo Dawn, were kind of just getting started and I have just about everything from them all.

Along with Toneboosters and Variety of Sound, they're still some of my favorite devs and some of my most used plugins. 

I would add Full Bucket Music to that list

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...