Slate Digital Heatwave FREE!

cclarry

19 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Do you want to hold off until they pay you take it? 🙂 

Given how fast the prices drop, this isn't even that impossible 😆 In all seriousness though,  I don't have a Slate Digital account yet that's why I asked if this is a time-limited offer.

FYI, if you are someone who doesn't like iLok then don't even bother, this plugin requires it.

Edited by Solidos

15 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I have so many saturation plugins at this point,  I think I can stop buying anymore unless something really amazes me. So, another freebie...Why not? 

To be honest , i don't count how many freebees i don't even care to install ... this one being one of them 

15 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I have so many saturation plugins at this point,  I think I can stop buying anymore unless something really amazes me. So, another freebie...Why not? 

List of reasons

1) ilok - guessing this is like "Air" where they only give you 1 seat

2) another plugin to scan

3)  Function covered by something else

4) More clutter in the VST folder

5)  I'll never actually use it other than to open it for the first time

6) revisiting projects in the future if I accidentally do use it becomes a hassle

7)  Think Slate uses a manager / not just an individual installer?  

34 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

List of reasons

1) ilok - guessing this is like "Air" where they only give you 1 seat

2) another plugin to scan

3)  Function covered by something else

4) More clutter in the VST folder

5)  I'll never actually use it other than to open it for the first time

6) revisiting projects in the future if I accidentally do use it becomes a hassle

7)  Think Slate uses a manager / not just an individual installer?  

With regard to iLok, I already use it and I'm only going to use effects like this on my main DAW PC. But couldn't you just create another account for an additional computer if it's an issue? Otherwise, my reason for installing it is that Slate very consistently delivers excellent quality (FTR, I am friends with Steven, but I wouldn't say/write that it if I didn't mean it; I'm friends with a bunch of devs whose libraries and plugins I don't use -- and the reality is, I use every devs competitors products, it's just reality)  and it's worth installing for me because different saturators have different characters. If I compare it to others and it doesn't stand up, I'll just delete it. But, IMO, it's worth trying. Also, I already have other Slate plugins, so I already use their installer. 

29 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

With regard to iLok, I already use it and I'm only going to use effects like this on my main DAW PC. But couldn't you just create another account for an additional computer if it's an issue? Otherwise, my reason for installing it is that Slate very consistently delivers excellent quality (FTR, I am friends with Steven, but I wouldn't say/write that it if I didn't mean it; I'm friends with a bunch of devs whose libraries and plugins I don't use -- and the reality is, I use every devs competitors products, it's just reality)  and it's worth installing for me because different saturators have different characters. If I compare it to others and it doesn't stand up, I'll just delete it. But, IMO, it's worth trying. Also, I already have other Slate plugins, so I already use their installer. 

I also use iLok, but one install is problematic for me.  I have two iLoks (and certainly prefer a min of 3 installs).  Need the authorizations in the same account as I'm not about to buy a crazy number of plugins twice.  

I certainly agree with having more than 1 saturator.  But everyone is going to have different stuff.  I find that there are a few that get installed and have never made it to a project adn keeping track of them and uninstalling is more hassle than the freebie was worse.  

This was simply in response to a "why not."  And for me, these were my reasons on this one.  I do like Slate's Air plugin and it gets used.

Edited by Brian Walton