Cabinetron by Three Body Technology

Heath Row

From the People who brought you Kirchhoff EQ

Cabinetron - a new cab/IR Loader

list_panel.png

Cabinetron
The Ultimate Impulse Response Loader & Guitar Cabinet Simulator
Browsing, editing, mixing, EQing, tone matching, exporting…
Cataloged but beyond being an IR (impulse response) loader, Cabinetron would be your one and only tool to find every missing process between your amp and your ears.

mixer_panel.png

Mission One: Sound Quality
You may have an extensive IR collection, but please do not waste your precious resources on an IR loader that doesn't sound good enough.

Believe or not, every IR loader does sound different, even if they share the same algorithm. and the secret that makes the difference is the rounding errors in convolution DSP codes.
Sound quality is always the first thing that matters to us. Just like Adaptive Filter Topologies that we created for Kirchhoff-EQ, we designed a noise-shaping algorithm exclusively for IR convolution, to ensure every of your IR is ‘pushing the air’ in Cabinetron.

eq_panel.png

Optional Non-linear Enhancement
A guitar cabinet can be simulated well enough by convolution because 99% of the cabinet / speaker’s behavior is linear. But what about the last 1% of nonlinearity?

Not only as a transparent linear IR loader, Cabinetron also modeled the non-linear behavior of how the voice coil moves within the magnet. With the enhancement of nonlinearity, more real cabinet-like all your IR’s will be, and more ‘3D’ your tone will sound.

Of course, you have full control of this parameter. Tweak it or leave it, it’s up to you.

Intro Price $59 List Price $119

https://www.threebodytech.com/en/products/cabinetron

Edited by heath row
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, heath row said:

I'm in, purchase made, Install done, off to play.

Oh, Man.  Totally.  It's been 21 hours - what do you think?  I was considering getting MIKKO on sale but I have so many IRs, it's hard to walk away from them.  This looks like it could make them all a lot more interesting.