No Respect, No Respect At All

SloHand Solo

The Sonar that will be released is the CbB that existed 12 months ago plus all the development not invested into CbB for this past year. You’ll note this latest 23/09 release of CbB hasn’t included any new features, only bug fixes and stability over last year’s last release.

The last 12 months has all gone into making the Sonar that will be released a far superior product than what we get for free now with CbB.

Good grief. Some are so eager to start swinging...

The topic was/is 'why Cakewalk doesnt get the respect/recognition'

To which I repeat, Cakewalk isn't helping itself create excitement.

- For the most part, the 20 or so active members here, who examine the updates and/or have used Sonar since 'back in the day' are NOT the ones in need of convincing/targeting.

Put the gloves down, guys... it's not personal.

• Like 2

On 11/8/2023 at 10:57 PM, Byron Dickens said:

Yet nobody complains about Logic being Mac only....

In 2008, people complained like scorned paramours when the Windows version of Logic was killed (and all development ceased) after Apple acquired eMagic. To add insult to injury, the last version (5.5.1) had finally reached a level of stability that had been lacking in previous versions. Adding fuel to the anger was that Windows Logic users with a boatload of projects had no option other than switching to a Mac if they wanted to take advantage of future development. 

Believe me, the Windows users who felt unceremoniously dumped complained a lot about Logic being Mac-only.

Edited by Craig Anderton
  • Like 1

Apple doesn’t suck at all. I made  over $2,000 so far as an early purchase stock holder. Too bad I can’t afford them now.  
I love Apple!  It will help me pay for my new PC! 
And I hate to say it but I also love my iPhone. It’s 10 year old and still works. My wife has been through 3 Android phones in the same time span. When it dies I don’t think I can afford to upgrade.  But maybe my Apple stocks will pay for it. 

Apple is still a plug and play with a lot of audio interfaces and software. The price is a total rip off but obviously that doesn’t stop sales.  

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 2

On 11/8/2023 at 10:49 PM, Shayne White said:

Anyone I talk to doesn't know about Cakewalk because it's Windows-only and I guess they don't take it seriously. I'm hoping that since Next will run on Mac, it'll bring the Cakewalk brand to a new audience. 

I think that is negated by FL Studio which was Windows only until about 2018.

On 11/9/2023 at 6:54 AM, Michael Vogel said:

Sonar that will be released a far superior product than what we get for free now with CbB.

TBD

Given the fact they have already said the UI won't load our custom Themes, those us of that view those custom themes as the UI we know and love - switching back to Mercury or Tungston feels like a major step back and I'm not expecting them to have something like what I use out of the box.  

I'm sure other features will be excellent, but there is a pretty important piece that is up in the air.

• Like 1