FL Studio updated to 21.2

satya

https://musictech.com/news/gear/fl-studio-21-2-update-stem-separation-cloud-royalty-free-library/

FL Studio 21.2 “major” update introduces Stem Separation and FL Cloud

FL Cloud includes free features for all users, with additional features available through subscription. Subscribers can choose between paying $7.99 monthly or $79.99 annually, and an introductory annual subscription price of $49.99 is currently running for a limited time only.

Any new or existing FL Studio user will also receive a free one-month FL Cloud Trial subscription. Users can also buy Credit Packs for subscription-free access to sounds not available as part of the free FL Cloud features.

• Thanks 2

@satya Just had a look while installing fresh copy of FL Studio on a system with new SSD.

From inside FL STUDIO  it Looks like I get FL Studio Cloud ANNUAL for €19.99 ( vs the €49.99 ). Bit of a no brainer considering I dumped LoopCloud recently as the best they could do was €80 for the year

flstudiocloudannual.thumb.png.403d98d2db7d6e175b7c3f81a714d800.png

Mmmm thats interesting. If i click on CHOOSE THIS PLAN on right I get this:

flstudiocloudannual2.png.a4f0f8218191c0f03902807c71d2b552.png

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

@satya Just had a look while installing fresh copy of FL Studio on a system with new SSD.

From inside FL STUDIO  it Looks like I get FL Studio Cloud ANNUAL for €19.99 ( vs the €49.99 ). Bit of a no brainer considering I dumped LoopCloud recently as the best they could do was €80 for the year

Yeah, the same for me.  I suspect the annual with discount is 49.99 with a regular price of 79.99, unfortunately.  The ad looks like an error.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aidan o driscoll said:

so finally they found a way how to charge customers,,,,seems they do not get enough revenue from free lifetime licenses

added portal to sell third party sample packs...

so just update to generate cashflow

Edited by Vst0nE

5 hours ago, Vst0nE said:

so finally they found a way how to charge customers,,,,seems they do not get enough revenue from free lifetime licenses

added portal to sell third party sample packs...

so just update to generate cashflow

They'll have to charge when everyone on the planet gets a license.   Not everyone has their everything bundle.

Buying loops isn't that appealing for me since I've probably gathered 800gb of loops.

The downside is there are no midi files and thats they only thing I go for these days.   FL is one of those DAWs you can't audition midi files in the browser.

FL Studio will still have free lifetime updates. The FL Cloud is a separate integrated service and will still have free sounds even without a subscription. It's no different than Loopcloud or other services. You don't have to to use it if you don't want to. People who make the loops still need to get paid. I think what they have done is very fair as I have never had to pay for an update in the five plus years I have owned FL Studio (even though I mainly use Cubase).

Edited by bsantini99
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bsantini99 said:

FL Studio will still have free lifetime updates. The FL Cloud is a separate integrated service and will still have free sounds even without a subscription. It's no different than Loopcloud or other services. You don't have to to use it if you don't want to. People who make the loops still need to get paid. I think what they have done is very fair as I have never had to pay for an update in the five plus years I have owned FL Studio (even though I mainly use Cubase).

Those of us who own everything like to buy the Flexx Packs.

Among all DAW companies, Image Line is probably already in the best position financially* and in terms of total number of users.  So, I don't see this as a some sort of attempt to stay profitable.  

Within the last year, they purchased Melda Productions and UVI, so they have money to spend and a number of income streams.  They also have purchased a few other smaller companies.

Take a look at their forums sometime.  The userbase there is very active there and whenever there is a beta version, they are flooded with helpful posts about issues from their users.  

The lifetime free updates appears to be working just fine for them.

(*from a financial standpoint, Reaper is an outlier exception as the company is primarily one rich individual)

Edited by SmokeyJ628
  • Like 1