[SOLVED] Well This Has Never Happened Before!!

sjoens

1. Open CbB and load project xyz with 2 instances of AAS Ultra Analog and SI Bass. Plays normal.

2. Close CbB

3. Open 32 (or 64) bit SPlat and load same project. Nothing was changed. Now it plays with both Ultra Analogs out of tune 28 semitones.  SI Bass plays in tune.  If I fix them to play in tune and save it, then CbB plays them out of tune. :S O.o :o

What would cause that?

edited for correct synth.

Edited by sjoens

8 hours ago, sjoens said:

What would cause that?

Um, the Chinese and/or Russian malware you downloaded a while back. No, seriously, probably expecting too much from mashing together too many different versions of the same code on one PC. -Or, well, truly, one or the other, or both. Maybe neutrinos flipping bits in your processor or RAM...  The universe is full of surprises, or so I'm told! 🤓

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sjoens said:

1. Open CbB and load project xyz with 2 instances of AAS Lounge Lizard and SI Bass. Plays normal.

2. Close CbB

3. Open 32 bit SPlat and load same project. Nothing was changed. Now it plays with both Lounge Lizards out of tune 28 semitones.  SI Bass plays in tune.  If I fix them to play in tune and save it, then CbB plays them out of tune. :S O.o :o

What would cause that?

Have you checked the Mod wheel on your keyboard? 

Yes.  This is a simple matter of opening the same project in both DAWs and hitting play.

I created a new project with 2 instances of AAS Ultra Analog, saved it and opened it in both DAWs and it plays properly.  So something in that one project is causing SPlat to behave differently than CbB.

For now I saved specific versions for each DAW.

Edited by sjoens

Is 32-bit (aka x86) Splat replacing the x64 plugins with their x86 counterparts or is it using Bitbridge or a 3rd-party bridging component like Jbridge to load them (I think bridging works both directions) ? Either way, the replacement or the bridging could be working incorrectly. Why not just run x64 Splat?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, User 905133 said:

If you reboot your computer between steps 2 and 3, does the same thing happen (with the first version of the test project)?

Yes.

18 hours ago, David Baay said:

Is 32-bit (aka x86) Splat replacing the x64 plugins with their x86 counterparts

Yes.  Appropriate plugin is loaded.

18 hours ago, David Baay said:

Why not just run x64 Splat?

Good point.  I found x64 SPlat behaves the same as x32 SPlat.

>>>The issue seems to be a difference between how Sonar & CbB handle Ultra Analog.  No other synths behave this way thus the title.<<<

Edited by sjoens

• sjoens changed the title to [SOLVED] Well This Has Never Happened Before!!
53 minutes ago, sjoens said:

I do this all the time

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Maybe it's not a good idea to throw your projects into the path of such an obsolete piece of software.

I think what has happened is that you have found the limit of backward compatibility. So now you get to choose: do the (doubtless many) benefits of opening a newly-created Cakewalk project in a version of the software that was deprecated 6 years ago outweigh the risks?

Edited by Starship Krupa

I thought so, but why only this one plugin?  I'm good now that I know what's up.

edit: Finally found the old AAS installers and reinstalled them.  They now behave as they should so it must have been a bad dll file.

FYI, if you still use x32 AAS plugins, they no longer supports x32.  Last update that does is 2.2.2 but there's no version #s anywhere on the plugins.

Edited by sjoens

On 10/20/2023 at 4:57 PM, sjoens said:

FYI, if you still use x32 AAS plugins, they no longer supports x32.  Last update that does is 2.2.2 but there's no version #s anywhere on the plugins.

The version numbers (among other things) of any of AAS plugins are found by clicking on those two double down arrows near the top centre of the AAS plugin GUI.

• Thanks 1