Melda Lowers Everything Sub to $19.99 Per Month Until Oct 22nd

cclarry

MCompleteBundle is under $19.99 per plugin... you just have to buy all 113 of them at once, for $2225+ :). Note this is a joke, there probably wouldn't be a reason to have the normal and Turbo versions of applicable things.

I think their perpetual license bundles do go on sale for 50% every once in a while.

I'm not a fan of subscriptions and not affiliated with Melda but have been impressed with some of their consumer-friendly practices. This subscription gives you perpetual licenses to the complete bundle once your subscription payments reach its price, then the shackles of infinitely recurring payments can be removed, so it's sort of rent to own. Though given the bundle is currently full price and the sub is discounted, this will take 9 years at the moment.

Their bundles also include new plugins as they're released, there aren't update or maintenance fees, and "Complete" really does mean "Complete," no yearly new versions, no maintenance fees, no adding on more deluxe tiers with new element names.

I really need to use my Melda stuff more. I haven't tried MSoundFactory though I think I have it for "free" as a previous bundle purchaser.

Edited by mister_tea
had price wrong by $25
  • Thanks 1

This doesn't change any of the other variables, so rather than buying MComplete in roughly 4 years, it would now take 9+ years. My other concern with this path is that it doesn't give credit towards the 50% off sales, so you are committing to full price with no off ramp. While it does give instant access to everything, it comes at a cost. It remains a cheaper path to pick up things during the Eternal Madness/sales (getting credit for each of those), and squirrel away funding to redeem the 20% referral code discount when the bundles go on sale, but that requires a little more planning and discipline.

• Like 4

I don't like to throw all my eggs in one basket.

That's why I don't do subscription plans with Audio based programs or plugins.

So I avoid Waves Audio subscription, Pro Tools subscription, Adobe Subscription (music videos) I use outdated adobe software, or anything else subscription.  I have given thought to subscribe to Loopcloud for the TimeShaper plugin, but in the end...it's the subscription that kills the deal for me!

OFF TOPIC:

I was using Reaper for about 6 months, and I've recently updated Cakewalk and switched back.  I like how much more productive I am when I use Cakewalk vs Reaper.  Plus, Pwr-3 makes Cakewalk audio files sound better than Reaper for my genres.  On my HS5s, when I dither a file from 96khz-24bit to 48khz-16bit, the file is more transparent with Cakewalk than with Reaper.  The dithering for Cakewalk sounds more true to the original file vs Reaper's dithering ability.

The most important feature is the ability of Cakewalk turning a clip into a tempo map convenient! Which is being able to drag the audio clip up until it turns blue then release it. Cakewalk will start Melodyne which will analyze your clip for a tempo map and sets the tempo map for Cakewalk based on that clip.  That's time saving. *** In Reaper, I would have to open up Melodyne Studio, drag in the file, let it analyze, export the tempo map, open Reaper, drag and drop the tempo map.  *** Cakewalk just makes this a no brainer, easier and more productive.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, El Diablo said:

I don't like to throw all my eggs in one basket.

That's why I don't do subscription plans with Audio based programs or plugins.

So I avoid Waves Audio subscription, Pro Tools subscription, Adobe Subscription (music videos) I use outdated adobe software, or anything else subscription.  I have given thought to subscribe to Loopcloud for the TimeShaper plugin, but in the end...it's the subscription that kills the deal for me!

Yep.  Well said.

• Like 1