A Celtic Journey Gone Awry

Tim Smith

Here is one I made with a mind to sound something like Tangerine Dream.  I have noted a few things that I think are holding the track back. 

-Tempos in 2nd half are too fast to "mate up" with the intro

- Intro takes quite awhile to develop.

Fix-

-Slow down tempos in second half, maybe add a few more elements. The idea is to keep a celtic feel even in the electronic sections. I think I half achieved this, but still more go do.

- I'll leave the longer intro even though it is a bit 'extended'.

Edited by Tim Smith
  • Like 1

Hi Tim . . . very interesting and flowing piece, what I really like here are the change points to the many different sections, really smooth the way it melds into the next idea, really well written there  . . . the part that went awry for me was when you introduced the heavy chorus guitar part around 2:21, somehow that section departs from the overall vibe of everything else, perhaps intended, but thought I would point it out as a first time listener. Your opening description makes it sound like you're still developing this project, so best of luck on your Celtic journey . . . hope you can post some updates for us here.

• Like 2

I Really liked the pristine highs in this. Very nice EQ wise. I think a few of the electric guitar note stabs could be tamed a little. Several of the changing different sections could be the main theme in completely different songs.     I didn't have a problem jumping to the fast tempo parts and Really liked them. Maybe cross fading into some of them would also be nice. I think you could lose the section @noynekker mentioned and not hurt the song at all.  I also think a little silence before the song starts and a longer fade out would be nice.   All in all a Very Impressive production.

Actually I Loved it ..   mark