HorNET Introducing TapeMK2 - Your Vintage Tape Saturation Upgrade

cclarry

What's New in Tape MK2?

Enhanced Emulation: We've pushed the boundaries to capture the essence of real magnetic tape. Feel the subtle nuances and warmth that only analog tape can provide.

Iconic Models: TapeMK2 includes five legendary tape recorders, each with its unique sonic character. Choose your favorite to sculpt your sound.

Variable Speeds: Control the tape's response with two speed options for each deck. Fine-tune your saturation to perfection.

Bias Control: Achieve the perfect balance of warmth and color with our continuous bias control.

Analog Hiss: Add optional analog hiss to recreate the vintage vibe that makes tape so special.

Recording EQ: Shape your recordings with the pre-emphasis filter, just like the classics.

Auto Gain: Simplify your workflow with seven target levels for consistent audio quality.

Group Function: Copy settings seamlessly between instances and streamline your production process.

Seamless Interface: Our vector user interface adapts to your system's light or dark mode for a comfortable viewing experience.

Optimized for Modern Systems: Tape MK2 is Apple Silicon native and compatible with macOS (10.13 and later) and Windows (Windows 10 and later). It operates in 64-bit on both Mac and Windows systems.

Multiple Plugin Formats: Whether you use Audio Units, VST, VST3, or AAX, TapeMK2 is there to enhance your music.

Upgrade to TapeMK2 for Just 1,99€

We value your support, which is why we're offering owners of the original Tape a special upgrade price of just 1,99€ to experience all the incredible features of Tape MK2.

Get TapeMK2 for Only 19,99€

For new users, Tape MK2 is available at the affordable price of 19,99€, the same price as the original version. It's our way of making high-quality audio production accessible to everyone.

Don't Miss Out - Elevate Your Sound Today

Whether you're a seasoned producer or just beginning your musical journey, Tape MK2 is your ticket to achieving that coveted analog warmth in your recordings. Upgrade your sound, explore vintage tones, and create music that resonates with emotion.

https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-tape-mk2/

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Kirean said:

Just received an email about an update that should fix DAWs crashing.

Yeah that fixed the crashing part, but all the tape decks sound like sawtooth clipping to me and far more extreme even with input really low.

Tried in both Cake and Reaper with the same issue - guessing someone else can confirm the same.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Yeah that fixed the crashing part, but all the tape decks sound like sawtooth clipping to me and far more extreme even with input really low.

Tried in both Cake and Reaper with the same issue - guessing someone else can confirm the same.

Sounds like a case of "Beta testing? What's that?" 🤔

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

I confirm the same here

• Thanks 1

While it doesn't look like this plugin was well-tested upfront -- which leaves room for improvement -- I am, nonetheless, impressed by the developer's responsiveness to reported issues. And he's consistently been very responsive in my experience. Yes, maybe he could have gotten this right in the first place, I can't really say, however, when he was made aware of a problem he was very quick to fix it and that kind of responsiveness is noteworthy and not something I take for granted. I have maybe a dozen or so of his plugins and bought them all super cheap and don't recall ever having any issues with any of them. But it's great to know that if any of his plugins do have issues, he's likely to be on top of it quickly.  

Here's to indie developers who work their tails off to provide the best software and service they can deliver. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 5