Mr. Sandman

Pcode

11 minutes ago, Pcode said:

a more modern take on this... 

Don't get me wrong, but it seems like you took the lyrics and set it to original music.  If I am right, I think you did a disservice to your music by not taking credit for it.  Yes, the rhythm of the lyrics in your song parallel the older version, but unless my tinnitus has made me tone deaf  too (which I am not discounting as a possibility), your melody, chords, and overall arrangement are uniquely your own. (I could be wrong on this, though.)   

8 hours ago, Larry T. said:

Excellent. Really, really nice reimagining. Understated yet powerful. Great vox. Great arrangements/playing by all the instruments, lots of interesting rhythm section turns. I would love to hear this on the radio🎶🎶🎶🎶

Thanks I am glad you liked it....

6 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Nice.  I like the rather sparse piano accompaniment.
-Bjorn

Had to check this out, my uncle used to play the original version on the accordion ha. Really enjoyed where you took this. As for the mix, to me the vocals got a bit lower when the full music came in. And overall the sounds are dark tones total opposite of the old version, which is interesting and expressive. Nice job.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 12:49 AM, treesha said:

Had to check this out, my uncle used to play the original version on the accordion ha. Really enjoyed where you took this. As for the mix, to me the vocals got a bit lower when the full music came in. And overall the sounds are dark tones total opposite of the old version, which is interesting and expressive. Nice job.

Thank you for watching, I am glad you like it... 

On 10/3/2023 at 8:34 AM, Tim Smith said:

Pristine carving work here. Everything is nice in the mix. Video fits the feel you were looking for.

Thank you...

On 10/3/2023 at 12:49 PM, treesha said:

It's cool that your uncle used to play the original version of the accordion! The change in sound tones, especially considering the accordion price, is intriguing and adds depth to the music. 

Edited by Bridget Murphy