Update: NI - Kontakt 7.6.0

Frank

Run NA

7.6.0 - 2023-09-12

KONTROL MK3 direct connection, NKS2 controller pages created in KSP

ADDED Kontakt can now be used directly with KONTROL MK3 keyboards

CHANGED Options → Loading → "Ask for confirmation when loading or replacing modified instruments" is now set to off for all users

CHANGED Options → Handling → "MIDI channel assignment for loaded patches” option is now set to "Assign to omni" for all users

CHANGED Options → Interface → both "Suppress drawing" options are now found in Mapping Editor’s Edit → Display options

CHANGED It is now possible to focus on an empty instrument slot even in Single view

IMPROVED Per instance persistence of the Kontakt GUI state, which includes the layout (e.g. visibility of keyboard, info bar, side pane), zoom settings and full-screen browser

IMPROVED Loading an Instrument from full-screen browser now replaces the focused Instrument instead of adding it to the rack

IMPROVED Quick-Load menus in the top left of the instrument header now tells the user if Quick-Load is empty

ADDED 20 new Form shapes for the Wavetable source module

ADDED Vibrato/Chorus and Wow/Flutter factory presets from Guitar Rig 7

FIXED Kontakt would not respect offline rendering mode flag sent from host with the VST3 target

FIXED S1200 and MP60 sampler modes did not work

FIXED Typing a value for the Rate parameter of Vibrato/Chorus did not work correctly

ADDED KSP NKS2 parameters and navigation can be defined with KSP commands

ADDED KSP New control parameter, $CONTROL_PAR_TYPE, which returns the type of UI widget belonging to a specific UI ID

ADDED KSP New control parameter, $CONTROL_PAR_CUSTOM_ID, which allows assigning a custom value to each UI widget

ADDED KSP New internal constant, $NI_UI_ID, which returns the UI ID of the widget that executed the UI callback

ADDED KSP $EVENT_PAR_MIDI_CHANNEL can now be set for events in instrument scripts

ADDED KSP Engine parameter for Raum Predelay tempo sync ($ENGINE_PAR_RAUM_PREDELAY_UNIT)

FIXED KSP Twin Delay Predelay tempo sync, Cross and Width engine parameters did not work correctly

FIXED KSP $EVENT_PAR_MOD_VALUE_(EX_)ID getter now works properly when there is an active voice attached to the specified event ID

FIXED KSP Incorrect wording in script warning for get_group_idx() command

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Does this mean you can get NKS functionality without Komplete Kontrol? That would (almost)  be worth getting a MK3 keyboard for. I always hoped they would implement that for the older keyboards.

loopop video: https://youtu.be/G0W1jaEppBQ?t=321

And then there's a third piece of software that this can speak with and that is Native Instruments' own Kontakt software. You can work with Kontakt from within Komplete Kontrol - this is a bit confusing - so right now I can load an instance of a Kontakt patch within, hosted inside, Komplete Kontrol but I can place Kontakt on a track in my DAW or just load it standalone outside of any DAW and interact with it using the browser and plug-in buttons directly.

Native Instruments have hinted that they might open this direct integration with plugins like they now have with Kontakt to third parties, so potentially just like companies can develop NKS plugins, then at some point in the future you might be able to interact with these plugins standalone with this keyboard without going through Komplete Kontrol. I'll talk about that later on...