Algonaut Atlas 2 for $49

ralfrobert

Atlas has a more realistic humanization system and you can create multiple maps of different sample banks where its AI classifies automatically in a very easy and effective way, plus a very complete and editable sequencer where the AI also plays its role

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fleer said:

If not for drums …

This? Or XLN XO?

Aren't they both exclusively for drums/percussion/beats?

I bought Atlas a week ago and haven't used it much yet but I believe it filters out all long samples like loops and vocals and such. I don't think it's suited to be used as a general-purpose sample manager. Maybe ADSR Sample Manager or Waves Cosmos would be better for that.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

8 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

Aren't they both exclusively for drums/percussion/beats?

I bought Atlas a week ago and haven't used it much yet but I believe it filters out all long samples like loops and vocals and such. I don't think it's suited to be used as a general-purpose sample manager. Maybe ADSR Sample Manager or Waves Cosmos would be better for that.

Or Sononym, I think that one has the most sophisticated algorithm

• Like 2

On 9/5/2023 at 5:53 PM, Fleer said:

If not for drums …

This? Or XLN XO?

I have both and they are both great. Most of the comparisons you find on the forums are outdated because Atlas has done a good job updating their software. Atlas 2, I would say, is ahead as far as features are concerned. For example, if you want to experiment with randomization, then Atlas 2 is more robust and a bit more like Audiomoderns Playbeat in how versatile it is with randomizing. I believe that XO limits the file length, so Atlas2 might be better for non drum sounds. Keep in mind that I have way too many drum vst's, so I haven't gone as deep as I'd like to with either of these programs to really determine which one I think is "best", but hopefully this helps.

Edit: for non drum sounds, you might be better suited looking at samplers like Waves Cr8

Edited by Patrick Derbidge