Usynth Core free with Loopcloud

audioschmaudio

5 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

If you have an active Loopcloud plan or get one now you get Usynth Core for free. It's probably a generic code which will be found on some forum sooner or later, but I'm an honest guy. I think one month of Loopcloud isn't asking too much in return for a free Usynth.

2560_x_294_-_Desktop.jpg

I greatly respect that post.

That's all there is to doing the right thing, just being an honest person. When people post the codes that are intended for paying customers,  it's not only unethical,  it hurts small businesses -- businesses that make plugins and sample libraries or content we love. I realize every time I've made the smallest case for that, theres always someone making a hate post directed at me and a claim I'm being a judge and jury. audioschmaudio  said it well and very simply.  There's no pretense in his statement. He's just trying to do the right thing.  I think that matters. Stealing and piracy isn't only through hacked software. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
Grammatical edit
  • Like 7

37 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I greatly respect that post.

That's all there is to doing the right thing, just being an honest guy or girl. When people post the codes that are intended for paying customers,  it's not only unethical,  it hurts small businesses -- businesses that make plugins and sample libraries we love. I realize every time I've made the smallest case for that, theres always someone making a hate post directed at me and a claim I'm being a judge and jury. audioschmaudio  said it well and very simply.  There's no pretense in his statement. He's just trying to do the right thing.  I think that matters. Stealing and piracy isn't only through hacked software. 

It's also covered by the sticky on no pirated software (more or less)

"It's against forum policy to post any form of pirate software or links and codes that should only be available to magazine subscribers."

Maybe @Wookiee can amend the policy to include software subscribers.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Wibbles said:

It's also covered by the sticky on no pirated software (more or less)

"It's against forum policy to post any form of pirate software or links and codes that should only be available to magazine subscribers."

Maybe @Wookiee can amend the policy to include software 

I suspect we would be allowing a mixed message. 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

I suspect we would be allowing a mixed message. 

@Wookiee , I believe Wibbles means the statement should be revised to encompass piracy that not only comes from magazine subscription codes for subscribers to also include software subscribers. For example, the amended policy could read something like:

"It's against forum policy to post any form of pirate software or links and codes that should only be available to magazine or software subscribers."

[I only added the bold emphasis to highlight the additional copy.]

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

@Wookiee , I believe Wibbles means the statement should be revised to encompass piracy that not only comes from magazine subscription codes for subscribers to also include software subscribers. For example, the amended policy could read something like:

"It's against forum policy to post any form of pirate software or links and codes that should only be available to magazine or software subscribers."

[I only added the bold emphasis to highlight the additional copy.]

Yep, that's the baby.

1 minute ago, Wookiee said:

You feel that breaching a companies terms and conditions is not another form of theft?

No, not at all. It absolutely is unethical and it is theft. 

I was responding to Satya posting that "we aren't stealing legally" which isn't correct. I think some people when they engage in these practices, they rationalize it as not being a big deal. So, on a legal basis, it absolutely violates the terms and conditions of the company they're taking the codes from and distributing them to a larger group of non-paying people instead of customers.  Taking a code intended only for customers and sharing it in a public forum violates terms and conditions and is a form a piracy.  

Maybe when Fleer chimed in with a little humor you interpreted my response to him as reflecting that I don't have a problem with piracy -- I absolutely do have major issues with piracy and wish it didn't exist. I just thought Fleer was having a little wordplay fun with the phrase "terms and conditions"  --and saw it as a  very Groucho Marx-ish kind of excursion (we're old enough to know Groucho, right?). But yeah, I've worked with a lot of developers, and given many small ones free advice out of appreciation for their work. I'm a huge fan of the people who make the plugins and libraries I use and the journalists who write about this stuff. I want to see them all thrive and keep doing what they do. 

• Like 1