Slow PRV scrolling

jkoseattle

Question

Scrolling horizontally in PRV is mysteriously really sluggish. Using Ctrl-mouse wheel to scroll, the PRV screen goes chunk-chunk-chunk about 2 chunks per second. Dragging from the measure number bar to zoom in and out also seems really sluggish, as does scrolling left and right with the thumb. Vertical scrolling seems unaffected. Anyone know why this is? The piece is 10 minutes long but only consists of two midi tracks.

6 answers to this question

I've just created a 10 min long piece out of copied 2 bar MIDI clips with lots of controllers, and it's almost definitely a combination of lots of controllers and lots of clips.

You should see a huge decrease in sluggishness if you bounce all the separate clips into one clip.   The best way to do this is to click the track number in the track view so that all clips on the track are selected, then right click on the clips and "Bounce to Clip(s)".

The reason this has the biggest performance increase, is that the PRV effectively bounces all the clips into one clip in the background to view them all on the PRV.  This step is essentially bypassed if there's only one clip on the track.

To further reduce sluggishness:

1.  Hide the PRV controller pane.
2.  Within the PVR "Notes" menu, uncheck "Show Velocity"
3.  Within the PRV "Controllers" menu, uncheck any controllers that are checked.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jkoseattle said:

, has it always been that way? Weird, and I've been using CW since 1989.

Pretty much..... 

I always use lots of MIDI controller events in all my projects.  I have to watch their density a lot. 

Thank goodness CAL scripts, even though officially depreciated,  still run in CbB.  Imagine thinning MIDI controller events manually.