Kazrog Avalon VT-747SP OUT NOW ⚡️

cclarry

Meet the all-new Avalon VT-747SP Native – the official emulation of the legendary tube-discrete Class A compressor/equalizer available for the very first time in plugin form!

Developed in close collaboration with Avalon Design, the VT-747SP was modeled meticulously on one of the silkiest, creamiest, and most luxurious hardware units in recording history. It is believed to be the most accurate digital representation of Avalon’s legendary hardware to date.

KEY FEATURES

Full dynamic control from soft compression to hard-knee limiting, including master threshold, ratio, attack and release controls

Large analog-style VU meter

Low and High Frequency parametric spectral controls can be routed to the internal sidechain path for enhanced frequency dependent compression with variable frequency and threshold levels

Sidechain listen mode for easy monitoring + creative EQing

All passive 6-band graphic EQ; the frequency turnover, Q and amplitude ranges have been carefully chosen for each band to provide the most natural harmonic balance with lowest phase change

EQ can be placed pre or post compressor for enhanced versatility

TSP (Tube Signal Path) gives you the choice of either tube tone (utilizing 3 virtual high-voltage dual triode tubes), or the classic, Class A discrete transistor sound (utilizing virtual discrete transistor amplifiers) in the primary opto buffers and output stages

$79 intro price

https://kazrog.com/products/avalon-vt-747sp

• Like 1

I’ve always liked the EQ on the hardware.  The comp, with all it’s fun sidechain capabilities, seemed like so much work to get sounding good, and then I’d compare to something else and something else would win, so I’d mainly just use it for EQ if it was in the rack.  I always made it hard to justify the purchase price to me, where the 737’s value as a channel strip was pretty instant, even if the compressor was slow pre-babyface mod.  

Let us know if you run it through it’s paces whatcha think, Bapu.

• Like 2