Mntra Introducing MIRAGE: Dhrupad Vocals + 1800s Church Bass for FREE

cclarry

Cool,  and thanks again,  Larry. Also, maybe it's just me, but from a childhood that included watching old Bugs Bunny cartoons before school, I couldn't help but think "mirage-ee" when seeing the name of the library. 

For those who don't know the reference: 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, locrian said:

I can log into my account online but -- when using the same credentials in the plugin (Cubase 12/Win10) -- I get repeated login failures.

Has anyone got this to work?  I'm about to delete the damn thing.

Works for me at the moment.

However, I think I had to reinstall their whole player some time ago to get it to work properly. 

And as someone who is quite new to virtual instruments etc... all I can say is that everyone having their own player/downloader that requires you to install a ton of shit (including but not limited to all kinds of extra DRM software) is probably the biggest thing I loathe the most about this thing. Just bloat, bloat, bloat.

Really dig Mntras' sounds though.

Edited by Kirean
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Kirean said:

However, I think I had to reinstall their whole player some time ago to get it to work properly.

I tried that just now, but still no luck.

12 minutes ago, Kirean said:

And as someone who is quite new to virtual instruments etc... all I can say is that everyone having their own player/downloader that requires you to install a ton of shit (including but not limited to all kinds of extra DRM software) is probably the biggest thing I loathe the most about this thing. Just bloat, bloat, bloat.

Agreed!  Well, except maybe not being able to log into your account.

14 minutes ago, Kirean said:

Okay, I'll try again tomorrow.

On 8/10/2023 at 6:13 PM, locrian said:
On 8/10/2023 at 5:58 PM, Kirean said:

@Kirean yeah it’s not easy to develop complex instruments that need all kinds of data, but I do very much understand and that is exactly why we built Mndala 2 to be the way it is. It’s just one app/engine that runs all, self downloads new instruments and samples and loads them, and does not put a bunch of weird  DRM hidden files in your computer.  And glad you dig our sounds! :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brian D'Oliveira said:

@Kirean yeah it’s not easy to develop complex instruments that need all kinds of data, but I do very much understand and that is exactly why we built Mndala 2 to be the way it is. It’s just one app/engine that runs all, self downloads new instruments and samples and loads them, and does not put a bunch of weird  DRM hidden files in your computer.  And glad you dig our sounds! :)

I can understand and know from a different field, that development is not easy since there's various configurations, requirements, dependencies and future unkowns to take into account. I wasn't trying to single you out as your plugins for me have been quite straightforward/painless to use (especially since I think Arca was among the first few plugins I got after getting myself a midi keyboard.)

I was simply being compassionate towards locrian's woes and part of it was due to having gone through some insane hoops as of late with other plugins.

None the less. Since starting out last year and diving deeper and deeper into this rabbit hole of finding new sounds, the program list on my Windows has grown into the monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey; not only is the list large and ominous, but if the missus would see how deep I've gotten myself into, I think she might start bashing things with a bone too.  I've also had to clean up the Windows services a few times as I'm not a fan of things running when they're not in use or needed.

With a lot of the software, the total process has also been anything but user friendly. From buying, downloading, installing, using and updating... Like that one free unspecified player from a big vendor (not named Kontakt) requiring pretty much three other software installs on top of it. Or backing up sounds from a different vendor who provides them only for a limited time, giving you two options: an unresponsive program that locks up easily if you queue too many downloads or a website where you have to race through a drop down list and a separate download button hundreds of times and then having to weed through duplicates, since the same files can be in various packages. Or multiple other pet peeves that I've discovered, gathered, cultivated, lamented and apparently grown to love since coming to this fun, creative outlet.

But I digress.

So thanks for making Mntra's stuff easier to use (going from the first to v2 was indeed an improvement in usability/stability for me) and Mntra hasn't given me any grey hairs yet. Which is why I've gotten most of the instruments since, like I said, I really dig the sounds they make... even if it all makes my wallet kind of sad.

Edited by Kirean

@Brian D'Oliveira I have a problem with installing Rasa. Even though it appears in my list of purchased products (I think it was a freebie), when I try to install it I get the message "You don't have a valid license for this product":

grafik.thumb.png.c22c257b6f86e9b9dc9c2f5d78db3b86.png

Do you have an idea how to fix this or what is causing this behaviour?

Update: Never mind. I went to your website and bought it for 0$ once more, after that I was able to install it.

Edited by audioschmaudio

On 8/10/2023 at 4:58 PM, Kirean said:

that's why I'm more willing to buy libraries that are for Kontakt and not their player.

On 8/12/2023 at 1:02 AM, Kirean said:

I've also had to clean up the Windows services a few times as I'm not a fan of things running when they're not in use or needed.

You probably already know about autoruns, but if you don't, you may want to check it out.  It's the first program I install on every new build because it gives me total control of everything running on my system.