Very Sorry

Johnbee58

I worried as much about your offensive post as much as I worried about the offensive posts you were worried about.  🤣

This is all just pixels on my screen.  I still have to drive home and figure out a way to get there alive.  These pixels mean nothing.

I appreciate the friendly step forward there, John :) 

I think we all have crappy days and sometimes don't make the best decisions when posting - I've certainly been there! Written word is notorious for being taken out of context too; it can be hard to read the tone of something when it's just pixels on a screen. English sometimes isn't a first language, and communication skills for these kind of places can really differ a lot from person to person too.

Like I mentioned in the other locked thread, I think we all just need to keep in mind that there's an actual person on the other end of these posts.  Listen, I know sometimes some people who respond to my posts are intentionally taking them the wrong way just to troll - forums are like that, even the good ones like this place, and I've been admin/mod on forums for the last 25+ years... I've seen the best and the worst of this stuff - but I'll go out of my way to give the poster the benefit of the doubt just in case it's one of those scenarios above that I mentioned.

Let's all try to be mindful and show some empathy, and keep this place as friendly and inclusive as it can be! :) 

• Like 4
  • Great Idea 1

I must point out that the written words  ..."the Pixels"...  can feel much harsher than intended many times.  I remember getting a reply to something and they wanted to know why I was so angry at them...I had no idea I was sounding angry.  I thought I was being funny.  Things can come off differently depending how you interpret the moment.

So the apology is always well taken, but not always needed.

Best!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo 88 said:

I must point out that the written words  ..."the Pixels"...  can feel much harsher than intended many times.  I remember getting a reply to something and they wanted to know why I was so angry at them...I had no idea I was sounding angry.  I thought I was being funny.  Things can come off differently depending how you interpret the moment.

So the apology is always well taken, but not always needed.

Best!

Yes.   We are still at the baby stage of digital communication, and it tends to sound harsher than in person conversations (or even telephone).

Fortunately, on this cakewalk forum, people are almost always very respectful to each other and it is not an issue.  And people like the OP who seek an apology are high on my list as great people here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

Judging by your user name, we're both born in '58 and it's tough to be our age sometimes. Maybe I'm wrong with my assumption but it seems logical.

I'm often a "get off my lawn guy" and have had many issues with being a newly forged senior citizen and with issues with the young folk out there and their newfangled ideas but I try to learn.

I think we're all a bit afraid as we move into a new version of paid Cakewalk. Saying that, it scares me that I can look over to my shelf and see the Cakewalk Home Studio 2004 box and M-Audio Audiophile 192 that were my best Christmas presents ever and that they started me off on this wonderful musical journey that we're all on. But I digress ...

My family and I spent the afternoon at this amazing place called the Donkey Sanctuary of Canada (https://www.thedonkeysanctuary.ca/). It was an afternoon that I will never forget. Donkeys are incredible animals, less inbred than horses, and sensitive like you and I.

Don't worry, we all say stuff that we want taken back.

Timbo

Edited by timboalogo
I'm dumb