my latest guitar music collection( Jazz)

davidtongmusic

On 8/1/2023 at 8:56 PM, Rikkie said:

Hi David, nice body of work, I like the playing, the clean guitar parts sound nice and clear, the distorted parts sound a bit fizzy and brittle on my end. What guitar( s)  did you use ?

Rik

i use a cheap part telecaster , go thru  the F 59 tweed amp sim , yes , turns up its gain for dist, very primitive, also a tape echo.....

I was able to hear the first wo pieces. Agree, great writing/improvising and playing. Your musical ideas are solid, engaging, cerebrally stimulating and relaxing. I'd have taken the fuzz guitar down a decibel or two but that's just me🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 8:56 PM, mark skinner said:

David , Fantastic guitar work. I don't think I've ever heard an album done like this. Out of curiosity what did you use for backing while recording ? Surely you didn't keep up the energy and flow using a metronome ..  Enjoyed it ..           mark

Hi Mark, Thank You; i did  came up with few chords,  or a line and recorded it to a click, usually not perfect at 1st time , i ll come back and refine it after the image was clear; no i don't use any drums track nor backing i actually wanna play solo , back to very primitive days when i learnt to play the guitar

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2023 at 10:24 AM, Larry T. said:

I was able to hear the first wo pieces. Agree, great writing/improvising and playing. Your musical ideas are solid, engaging, cerebrally stimulating and relaxing. I'd have taken the fuzz guitar down a decibel or two but that's just me🎶🎶🎶🎶

Thank You  Larry;  most of them are 1st mix; i know i ll never finish it if i keep listen to it and keep re mixing......