Waves Magma Springs Reverb

Yan Filiatrault

The magic of spring reverb is nostalgic and timeless. It makes some things sound vintage, and other things sound fresh. But you really must experience it for yourself. 

Magma Springs is a collection of our 7 favorite types of spring reverb – each one a peek into a world of style.

https://www.waves.com/plugins/magma-springs

Intro price 39,99$ (regular 149$)

Magma Springs is also included in the Waves Ultimate subscription, and in the Mercury, Pro Show, and SD7 Pro Show bundles. If you own any of these bundles with a current Waves Update Plan, get Magma Springs free when you update your bundle license here.

• Thanks 2

Got Mercury and I’m WUPed (don’t judge me).

Logged in to Waves and “Got latest version”.  

Ran Waves Central.

Did the update.  

Installed Mercury.  

It did that stupid thing where it doesn’t see any Waves plug in’s in my DAW.  

Felt a vein behind my eyeball start to throb, felt numbness in my left arm, started to taste copper for no reason.  

Went back to Waves Central.  

“Fix permissions and ownership”.  

Working.  

Time to slap it on some Fender amps and see what’s what.

• Haha 3

I can’t front.  I’m really impressed with it.  There’s a significant difference between the different tanks in the Tank Selector.  

I see myself chaining this into other effect (pre Chamber verb, echoplex into it, etc) a lot.  

If I have a gripe about it, I wish the “short/medium/long” was a fader you could dial in instead of switching.  Also, the mix knob feels weird to me on some of the tank selections (like Dark Space)- at 95%, it feels like a lot more of the dry is coming through than it should to me.  

That said, it sounds very realistic.

• Like 1