I have joined the ranks of the retired...

smallstonefan

57 minutes ago, smallstonefan said:

I'd LOVE to live on the ocean or at least a canal but my wife wants absolutely NOTHING to do with hurricanes...

I've lost that battle - we will be inland. :)

Hmm...  You might want to do some research then!  Those hurricanes go right across the state!

And the bugs, snakes and gators are truly Jurassic park-like!

(I've learned a lot since my friend moved there about 18 months ago!)

We’re moving to The Villages. My parents have been there about six years now and the hurricanes lose steam by the time the reach them. A birdcage over the pool is a must though - not a fan of hanging out with critters like scorpions or poisonous spiders. 😎

50 minutes ago, smallstonefan said:

We’re moving to The Villages. My parents have been there about six years now and the hurricanes lose steam by the time the reach them. A birdcage over the pool is a must though - not a fan of hanging out with critters like scorpions or poisonous spiders. 😎

So...  Let me see if I have this correct...  A "birdcage" would stop a scorpion or poisonous spider? 🤔

I was thinking more of something like this (which WAS found in a Florida pool! 😮😞

newFile-1.jpg?width=1200

3 hours ago, smallstonefan said:

I’m done with winters.

A few summers in Florida may change your perspective on that!! It will at least help you appreciate the winter a little more than you do now!! LOL!

I was in FL twice. Once in November. Nice weather, 70s-ish. August, I was dying not only from 90+ degrees but the (what felt like) 1074% humidity.

@craigb those large critters are pretty bad the even larger ones like the poly-ticks really bite deep and hard too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bapu said:

dying not only from 90+ degrees but the (what felt like) 1074% humidity.

Yep... welcome to the south.

Over here in Louisiana the last month or more we have had a high pressure ridge setting over us (and recently it's also moved up the west coast to Washington state!!!) that has kept all the rain we normally get here to the north of us. Watering my grass everyday just to keep it from dying.

6 hours ago, Grem said:

A few summers in Florida may change your perspective on that!! It will at least help you appreciate the winter a little more than you do now!! LOL!

I’m not comfortable until everyone else is whining about the heat. About 92 is my temp 👍

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smallstonefan said:

I’m not comfortable until everyone else is whining about the heat. About 92 is my temp 👍

Ahhh... I see. I got guys at work that wear hoodies because we got the AC kicking!!!