Waves bundle upgrade is back(Not a deal)

laglag

Yay - I can still upgrade to a bundle I already own for $250.

Nice to see Waves still hasn't fixed their bundle discount problems. They will quite literally allow me to add something I own to the cart (while logged in), give me payment options, allow me to click "complete order" and not once tell me that I already own the thing I'm buying - even though it's an UPGRADE option. It's been like this for years. Lol. 

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

Yay - I can still upgrade to a bundle I already own for $250.

Nice to see Waves still hasn't fixed their bundle discount problems. They will quite literally allow me to add something I own to the cart (while logged in), give me payment options, allow me to click "complete order" and not once tell me that I already own the thing I'm buying - even though it's an UPGRADE option. It's been like this for years. Lol. 

This is not quite true. At least for me, it does tell me on the upgrade page that I already own the product. But you are right in that it still allows you to add the upgrade to the cart and check out.

image.thumb.png.b29950bfe54370d306d1746abea36cbe.png

Edited by Doug Rintoul

Ah yes - There is a little red notification. However, right below that, it says that I can upgrade to the bundle (that I own) via duplicate individual plugins I own that are inside the bundle. For example, I have a duplicate license for Renaissance Bass and H-Comp that I got through some promos. 

It says buying this upgrade will add 39 new plugins to my collection (a collection I already own). If I add it to the cart it does give me a discount on the bundle based on my ownership of Renaissance Bass and H-Comp. It does not give me a discount from owning all the other plugins in the collection.  So my upgrade cost of owning 2 plugins in the collection is $242. My upgrade cost of owning 39+ of the plugins in the bundle is $242. xD

I've noticed it does this with other bundles as well. If I buy, say, Waves Diamond, it will only consider individual plugins that I own as part of the discount pricing. It will not consider any plugins inside of collections I own (nor the bundle itself). Interesting.

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 1

Its all pretty confusing   It offers me Diamond as an upgrade but warns that I already own it.  Others, like Gold warn me I already have a bundle containing this product.

But for many other available upgrades its a mater of checking each item against what you already have.