Kontakt 7.4.0 update

asprog

On 6/20/2023 at 11:43 AM, simon said:

looks like you can pick: 50 - 75 - 100 (etc) %  - it's not arbitrary and it's the entire GUI, you can't just zoom the instrument window.

Where do you see Zoom scaling as an option?  I have it open.  I can drag in the bottom right corner.  I have searched on Google and around the UI, I can't see where UI scaling percent is listed anywhere.  Please let us know!

2 minutes ago, lawajava said:

Where do you see Zoom scaling as an option?  I have it open.  I can drag in the bottom right corner.  I have searched on Google and around the UI, I can't see where UI scaling percent is listed anywhere.  Please let us know!

There's an icon that shows three grey panels for the UI, side panel, instrument window and quick load. Click that to access the zoom options and also there's quality / performance preference for the scaling.

• Thanks 1

I upgraded my Komplete to 14 - which of course included Kontakt 7  - no matter what I try I cannot get Kontakt 7 to open Standalone - I am on latest version Windows 10 and latest i9 Computer. this is not really a problem as my V6 is fine.

V7  opens in Cakewalk OK, but as others have said, it is very slow. 

i admit to not having had the time to play with it yet, but on first look i cannot see how one views "non NI" Libraries - i have a large collection of independent libraries.

also it seems more like a preset browser than the old Kontakt - i think i will be sticking with V6 for the time being.

I really only upgraded to Komplete 14 for the Kontakt 7 upgrade so this is all a bit of a let down - I cannot say I am taken too much with any of the Play Libraries included in the upgrade and I had most of the Plugin Alliance stuff already - I did get Crispy Tuner though  - just got to work out what that's for!!!!

any help appreciated

Thanks

Nigel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bajan Blue said:

I upgraded my Komplete to 14 - which of course included Kontakt 7  - no matter what I try I cannot get Kontakt 7 to open Standalone - I am on latest version Windows 10 and latest i9 Computer. this is not really a problem as my V6 is fine.

V7  opens in Cakewalk OK, but as others have said, it is very slow. 

i admit to not having had the time to play with it yet, but on first look i cannot see how one views "non NI" Libraries - i have a large collection of independent libraries.

also it seems more like a preset browser than the old Kontakt - i think i will be sticking with V6 for the time being.

I really only upgraded to Komplete 14 for the Kontakt 7 upgrade so this is all a bit of a let down - I cannot say I am taken too much with any of the Play Libraries included in the upgrade and I had most of the Plugin Alliance stuff already - I did get Crispy Tuner though  - just got to work out what that's for!!!!

any help appreciated

Thanks

Nigel

Hi, Nigel.

I hate it when upgrades default to some new feature and make it non-intuitive to return to the previous version's look and feel. The standalone version takes some time to load. I need to spend more time with the options to see if there's a setting to disable rescanning the libraries on startup (I'm assuming that's the issue). Not sure why the standalone version isn't opening for you, but maybe after doing the following, it will.

To get the v6 UI back, and get access to your non-player libraries, open Kontakt in a VST host (Studio One, Cakewalk, Gig Performer, etc). Then click on the gear icon (1), select the "Loading" tab, and then set the "Non-Player Content Base Path" to the correct folder. Then click on the right-most icon (2) once to toggle away from the v7 browser and back to the v6 UI. Then click on the "Files" tab (3) to display the base path you selected, with all of the instrument folders shown in the panel below it. Then try opening the standalone again.

Concerning Komplete v14, I bought v9 Ultimate way back. I paid for the Kontakt upgrades from v5 to v6, and v6 to v7, and the Guitar Rig upgrade from v5 to v6. I am perfectly happy with the other VIs from Komplete v9, none of which have seen major upgrades that I'm interested in. And all of the new content in v14 is of little to no interest to me. I've never felt compelled to upgrade Komplete, just the bits and pieces I use. And v14 no longer includes Absynth 5, which is criminal IMO, so I purchased the Absynth 5 dev's new Plasmonic synth (at Rhizomatic). I'll include the dev's statement below.

Jyu70Qb.jpg

Edited by John Maar

Hi John

Thanks so much for this - shall sort this out when I am back in the studio, hopefully at the weekend.

I also really agree with you about updating Komplete - should have just done Kontakt - well we learn by our mistakes as they say!!

How's France treating you - still good I hope

Keep well

Nigel

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi John

Thanks so much for this - shall sort this out when I am back in the studio, hopefully at the weekend.

I also really agree with you about updating Komplete - should have just done Kontakt - well we learn by our mistakes as they say!!

How's France treating you - still good I hope

Keep well

Nigel

[off topic]

I love it here. But France is France. Mind-numbing bureaucracy and fabulous breads, pastries and cheeses. It took the Gironde Préfecture in Bordeaux 11 months to deliver my carte de séjour after my titre de séjour was approved. I've been here almost two years, and only now was I able to apply for the social security system (and then a carte Vitale; another 6-7 months total).  That cost me another $2,000 for a traveler's health insurance policy for my titre de séjour renewal. And the excellent boulangeries, patisseries and fromageries cost me 5 cm. on the waistline and required new pants. But I live in the cœur du centre-ville, less than 300 meters from the beach. I bought a new Clio 17 months ago, and it doesn't have 4 000 km on it yet. And my dogs LOVE it, too. The average age here in Arcachon is 70 (except for July and August, when the population goes from 20 000 to 100 000), and almost everyone has a dog. My guys have lots of friends they see/sniff every day.

Are you currently in S.A. or Barbados?

[/off topic]

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, John Maar said:

[off topic]

I love it here. But France is France. Mind-numbing bureaucracy and fabulous breads, pastries and cheeses. It took the Gironde Préfecture in Bordeaux 11 months to deliver my carte de séjour after my titre de séjour was approved. I've been here almost two years, and only now was I able to apply for the social security system (and then a carte Vitale; another 6-7 months total).  That cost me another $2,000 for a traveler's health insurance policy for my titre de séjour renewal. And the excellent boulangeries, patisseries and fromageries cost me 5 cm. on the waistline and required new pants. But I live in the cœur du centre-ville, less than 300 meters from the beach. I bought a new Clio 17 months ago, and it doesn't have 4 000 km on it yet. And my dogs LOVE it, too. The average age here in Arcachon is 70 (except for July and August, when the population goes from 20 000 to 100 000), and almost everyone has a dog. My guys have lots of friends they see/sniff every day.

Are you currently in S.A. or Barbados?

[/off topic]

Hi John

great to hear you have settled in and are taking full advantage of the superb patisseries😎

I'm in Cape Town at the moment, but will soon be off back to Barbados - we have had a very cold winter here in Cape Town so I am looking forward to some warmth!!!!

Keep well

Nigel

• Like 1