Rigid Audio now available for pre-ordering: Interference for Kontakt Player šŸ‘ˆ

cclarry

NEXT GEN DRUM- AND LOOP SEQUENCER FORĀ KONTAKT PLAYER 7

255Ā PRESETS:Ā FUTURISTIC, CINEMATIC, AVANTGARDE

2x400 LOOPS, 1131 DRUM, PERCUSSION AND NOISE SOUNDS

43+ MODULATORS, ARPEGGIATOR WITH HARMONIZING, UNIQUE DISTURB EFFECT

$49 USD PRE-ORDER OFFER UNTIL THE END OF JUNE! (MSRP: $159)

RELEASE DATE: JULY/AUGUST 2023. NO RETAIL KONTAKT SAMPLER REQUIRED

https://rigid-audio.com/products_interference.html

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

Knowing their newsletter 24 hour flash sales I expect it to be available 90% off sooner or later.

Not with a Player Library!Ā  If it goes below $40 I'll be surprised.Ā  The problem is that they've already
spoiled us with "$3 Libraries" and that's going to hurt them IMO.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

I'd never buy any of their products for 40$ though, Player or not.

Right.Ā  The reason for "Player" libraries being so much more is that they have to pay a fee to NI to make it Player Compatible.

26 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Right.Ā  The reason for "Player" libraries being so much more is that they have to pay a fee to NI to make it Player Compatible.

There are a lot of licensed freebies for Kontakt 7 now, so I'm guessing the RA doesn't have to pay a lot for Kontakt 7 only licenses.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BTP said:

There are a lot of licensed freebies for Kontakt 7 now, so I'm guessing the RA doesn't have to pay a lot for Kontakt 7 only licenses.

Right.Ā  And some of the "bigger" companies even make FREE "Player" Libraries and "eat" the fee, but that's few and far between.

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Right.Ā  And some of the "bigger" companies even make FREE "Player" Libraries and "eat" the fee, but that's few and far between.

Yes, but they pay the fee beforehand, buying an allotment of licenses that they can sell. If they don't find enough people who are ready to pay 40$ for it, then they will have to make a decision after having reached a certain saturation: Either sit on the costs and sell no further licenses or sell the remaining licenses for less than what they had hoped people would pay. And that's the big question: Will there be enough people who would want to pay that much for it?

Edited by audioschmaudio
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

Yes, but they pay the fee beforehand, buying an allotment of licenses that they can sell. If they don't find enough people who are ready to pay 40$ for it, then they will have to make a decision after having reached a certain saturation: Either sit on the costs and sell no further licenses or sell the remaining licenses for less than what they had hoped people would pay. And that's the big question: Will there be enough people who would want to pay that much for it?

Agreed. I own several Rigid Audio libraries and have yet to hear one that I would pay $40USD for. I'm not saying they're bad; I think they make okay libraries, and it's completely subjective-- some people may love them -- but I just find them okay, a 6.5 out of 10, at best.Ā  I'll only buy them if they're dirt cheap. I find developers like Beautiful Void Audio, Karanyi and some others have synth patch libraries IĀ  find far superior toĀ the Rigid stuff, but even then, it's a hard sell for me to drop 40 bucks or more on a synth patch library. The max I'd pay for a Rigid Audio library is probably 7 bucks.Ā There's also Rigid Audio's long history of ridiculously inflated list prices that I would consider in the realm of deceptive practices to be really candid. So does a Rigid Audio list price really mean anything-- as you've pointed out, it really doesn't.Ā 

NI's pricing for developers for the KONTAKT PLAYER has came down significantly in recent years (I forgot when NI lowered the pricing, but they significantly lowered it), so developers can now make a small investment to have libraries set up for the Player and the per license fee is very cheap.Ā Ā 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

@PavlovsCatĀ same here. I have the Rigid Audio Everything Bundle but don't really have a use for most of the sounds. I think their main focus are ambient sounds, drones, soundscapes and some experimental things.

There are certainly people who are looking for exactly that but the majority of people who make music will want more ordinary instruments, I believe.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dee said:

Rigid Audio seems like new Wuzik šŸ¤£

Nah- they are not nearly that level.Ā  Although I don't own any Wuzik, I've read the "reviews".Ā  RA has great stuff at the $5 price point, and they do not pester you at all.

<edit>Ā  Specifically I think RA does some talented Kontakt scripting.Ā  The percussion stuff like Sodium and Groundshaker have nice samples and usable pattern editors.Ā  I don't have the full set, and I have tossed a few off my hard drive, but I think I got my money's worth overall.

Edited by Brian Lawler
More rambling

13 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

Nah- they are not nearly that level.Ā  Although I don't own any Wuzik, I've read the "reviews".Ā  RA has great stuff at the $5 price point, and they do not pester you at all.

I have a Wuzik story.

I've experienced only two developersĀ who never once responded to customer support requests in my more than 20 years of purchasing sample libraries and pluginsĀ (so I suppose those odds aren't terrible): Wuzik and Fluffy Audio.

I pickedĀ  up Wuzik's flagshipĀ synth really cheapĀ (this was several years ago), but IĀ  couldn't get it to work, so I sent a support request. But never received a response. I was,of course,Ā  disappointed, however, over time I readĀ so many negative things about the dev's plugins that I didn't try again or even have a desire to install it and ended up deleting the files and moving on, never bothering with Wuzik again.Ā Ā 

Flash forward to early this year and the developer of Wuzik sends me a Facebook friend request. I'm guessing it's because I'm connected to a number of sample and plugin developers personal accounts on Facebook that I've given marketing and branding advice to over the yearsĀ  and maybe he saw a post of mine somewhere,Ā  but we've never once interacted online or anywhere else, so it's a bit odd andĀ Ā considering my experience as a Wuzik customer, I thought it was quite a strange turn of events (a developer who never responded to my customer support request years ago sends me a personal friend request). He might be a veryĀ nice person, and I mean nothing personal --Ā it was very friendly of him to send a friend request -- it's just that odd.Ā 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1