Listening to this now

Mesh

Looks like they're in Ridgefield WA on the 22nd.  Will be interesting to see what reaction they get to that song!  I live too close to Portland and we lost clients there due to the "peaceful protests" (a.k.a., full-on riots) that went unpunished.  The ones that attempted similar things in Willamina, OR (a small town about 75 miles away where my friend lives) were lucky they didn't get strung up by the residents.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After watching The Turtles, Happy Together (documentary link by @pwal.  I listened to some songs on Ray Manzarek's The Whole Thing Started With Rock and Roll (Now It's Out of Control ) that have Flo and Eddie as backing singers (e.g., "Love It or Leave It" in bicentennial Blues).  I've had the vinyl since the '70s).

A Wikipedia article on Flo and Eddie as backup singers led me to The Golden Scarab, which I had never heard before.  So, Listening to this now . . . . . 

More formal were a pair of albums cut in 1974, with another long-time friend, Ray Manzarek (his own recollections of his first brushes with the duo are included on the Turtles’ Happy Together DVD). The Golden Scarab and The Whole Thing Started With Rock & Roll, Now It's Out Of Control "were pretty much his solo insanity," laughs Kaylan. "The Egyptian stuff that he was doing, we looked at each other incredulously and said ‘alright man, you want us to chant 'Tutankhamun,' we'll chant it. But you're nuts.’ The Golden Scarab, for all its strangeness, I understood what he was trying to do. With The Whole Thing Started ..., though, I was a bit ... well maybe it did, but you had nothing to do with it! An interesting choice of direction for him to go in."

On a sad note, along the way I saw an article from June 2023 discussing Volman's Lewy Body Dementia. True to form Volman plans to make, “the most out of every day.”

• Like 3