Antelope Audio goes Native!

cclarry

On June 13, immerse yourself in our collection of over 30 specially selected native plugins, crafted by world class experts shaping the analog warmth of the original hardware into digital precision.

Add immediate professional sound to your mixes with over 30 recreations of legendary analog compressors, EQs, mic preamps and modulation effects.

As a valued Antelope Audio user, we’ve got something special just for you.

https://en.antelopeaudio.com/

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I came real close to buying one of their interfaces Zo...but never did, and I've never tried the plugins because you
had to have the interface.

Same here. Ordered but canceled their original Zen interface. Too many negative posts regarding their non-existing support on kvr made me cancel. Maybe better now. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

In other words: "We can't get enough people to invest in expensive plugins after buying our expensive hardware tied to it, so we're forced to see if people will buy our expensive plugins without the expensive hardware."

Don't be surprised if they copy the UAD/PA model and their plugins are constantly on sale because no sane mind would buy them otherwise.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

In other words: "We can't get enough people to invest in expensive plugins after buying our expensive hardware tied to it, so we're forced to see if people will buy our expensive plugins without the expensive hardware."

Don't be surprised if they copy the UAD/PA model and their plugins are constantly on sale because no sane mind would buy them otherwise.

Actually when you buy one of their interfaces they give you most of the plugins.  I think, like UAD, they want to capture 
more market share

• Like 1

It was the case before the Gen2 I bought a Discrete 8 then Orion 32+ that came with all the plugin catalog. When they introduced synergy core they splitted interface and plugins to make more profit ( like UAD )...

...now they do the opposite like UAD 🙃

Their converters are good but if you want rock stable drivers look elsewhere ( RME hum,hum )

Yesterday I spent 5 hours to get my system working following their crappy update, I tried to make music I did computer science 😡

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Jim Roseberry said:

FWIW, I run an Orion Studio Synergy Core.

Runs 24/7 connected via Thunderbolt.

Absolutely rock-solid...

Though I have many of their plugins, I'm not particularly crazy about them.

Good to know about the Orion. Thanks. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jim Roseberry said:

FWIW, I run an Orion Studio Synergy Core.

Runs 24/7 connected via Thunderbolt.

Absolutely rock-solid...

Though I have many of their plugins, I'm not particularly crazy about them.

Aren t those developped by overloud ?

i was inter sted by their monitoring control rack satori , but skipped the jump ... 

Edited by Zo

3 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

While their converters are top notch material, RME seems to be the company which makes extremely reliable interfaces with unmatched levels of flexibility. Their Hammerfal DPSe card still holds the crown for the lowest round trip latency.

Ucx here , fireface 400 back then ....i will not contradict ya at all ...

Rme : peace of mind .

• Great Idea 1

RME is absolutely rock-solid.  Their interfaces have been since the Prodif days (this was prior to the original Hammerfall).

Orion Studio Synergy Core's round-trip latency is significantly lower than the Fireface UFX+ (also connected via Thunderbolt).

The UFX+ can achieve sub 5ms RTL.

That's a large factor in why I moved from the UFX+ to the Orion Studio Synergy Core.

At 96k using a 32-sample ASIO buffer size, round-trip latency is 1ms (measured via RTL Utility).

One critique of Antelope is that they have a way of over-complicating things.

Look at the name Orion Studio Synergy Core.  🤪

If you can get past the learning curve, their current generation audio interfaces are some of the best available.

• Haha 1

look at the classifieds on all the 2nd hand sites there is Antelope everywhere!
The drivers are far from being up to RME which I still have the babyface V1
I had the Discrete 8 and I still own the Amari, orion 32+ and orion 32
Each Windows or Antelope update I have almost one of my 3 drivers that no longer works! 🤬

Not here to bash on RME, they've been great over many years.

Myself and numerous professional clients are running Antelope audio interfaces 24/7.

No glitches, no disconnects, nothing but 100% reliability... 100% of the time.

I have zero regrets migrating from the UFX+.

For the same cost (when I purchased):

• Better converters
  • Better preamps
  • Better DIs
  • Significantly lower round-trip latency (sub 1ms)

At 96k, the UFX+ won't let you use a 32-sample ASIO buffer size (let alone 24, 16, etc)

• Like 3