The Old Rio Grande

RexRed

I have remixed and mastered this song from a while back when I was still learning to mix.

( still learning now but not quite as much) 😄

Please let me know your thoughts Cakewalk peeps!

Happy first day of summer!

All my best!

RexRed

• Like 3

I worked on this song some more. Added Ooos and Ahhs (vocals) and some altos during harmonica solo. I changed tons of stuff.

I hope it is better.

I made this song quite a while ago but when I made it my mixing and, especially mastering, skills were terrible.

They probably still are terrible but I feel a bit better about them. 😊👍

Thanks for the listens awesome Cakewalk peeps!

On 6/4/2023 at 2:26 AM, FreeEarCandy said:

Sounds real good. Good cowboy voice too.  I've been watching some of the very old cowboy movies lately.  Audie Murphy.  Randolph Scott. Willard Park.  Nice work, RexRed!

I'm glad you enjoyed this song FreeEarCandy! Thanks for your comment! 😊

• Like 1

Rex , Very Nice and believable presentation. You really excelled vocally  (especially tone wise) on this. I really enjoyed the harmonica and it was the right instrument for this song.  Great job to the player. I'm going to assume it was you . 

Enjoyed it ..   mark

Although not at all what I usually listen to, still I love your music. Your voice has kind of a Charlie Pride sound to it which takes me back to the days when my family took cross country trips and all you'd hear on the radio was good old country music. Not sure how receptive an audience would be today but their loss.

The ooohs and aaahs work very well. Nicely done there.
I like the harmonica but I thought it was hanging back a bit? No matter though. I always look forward to hearing your next song.
-Bjorn