A song or band like... [This Song]

Logan_4600

Let me tell you a brief story as prologue! Back in 99´ I was playing "Macross: Digital Mission VFX-2" for PS1 (a glorified Afterburner/Ace Combat like set in the world of Macross - the first Generation of Robotech for those who´re not familiar with Macross- ), and, I used to have this habbit of throwing PC Games CDs and PSX CDs on my CD player, cos' some of them, actually had songs! (that was a huge discovery for me back in 95' with the Mechwarrios 2 CD!). So, I stepped across one of the most beatifull songs I've ever heard to this day! It took me years to actually find out some info on it (heck! even the actual name of it! cause the game was in Japannese and had no info of the OST).  I'd finally found out it's called Shoout and Shout, singed by a Japanesse/American Soul and R&B  singer, Naoki Takao (he also sang a cover of "Carry on Wayward Son" from Kansas for the "Supernatural" Anime spinoff), and features a renowed Japannese drumer, Akira Jimbo. That´s all the info I have to this day. 

So, moving on from this prologue, the song´s, to me, a beatifully composed, piano/guitar driven, fusion/rock, prog rock like song, but, I´ve never came across something similar. I ask all of you willing to take the time listen to it, if you can suggest me similar bands or songs that you can relate to it (heck, even if you don´t want to spend the 5 minutes it lasts, check just the intro, first verse and chorus -up to 1.53"- and the break from 3.00" to 3.35"), to have and idea of what we´re talking about here!

To all of you, from Macross VFX2, Shoot and Shout!

11 hours ago, craigb said:

*Arrghh!*  This is killing me!  There's a song that is soooo much like the one in the OP, but it's just eluding me for now...  😕

Some good songs, on the glam side, but I think the guitars can trick us into that, to me, the arrangement and overall feel, it`s more on the fusion, jazz/rock side. I can think of something like Steely Dan's Aja... maybe?....

Heh, Aja.  "THE" standard for setting up live FOH's!  😁

As for the "fusion, jazz/rock side," I agree and, what's worse, I KNOW I have a song that sounds almost exactly the same, but haven't been able to recall who it is (or stumble on it)... YET!

16 hours ago, craigb said:

Heh, Aja.  "THE" standard for setting up live FOH's!  😁

As for the "fusion, jazz/rock side," I agree and, what's worse, I KNOW I have a song that sounds almost exactly the same, but haven't been able to recall who it is (or stumble on it)... YET!

Search, deep inside of you mi child (?) hahaha

26 minutes ago, Logan_4600 said:

C'mon! Really? No one else!? You're all missign a great tune and a cool reference songs kinda' game!

I won't be able to help, but Craig is a go to guy when it comes to this stuff.  He has like 50 bajillion songs in his collection.

He will find it, but it will probably come to him when he is eating a bagel with cream cheese while watching his favorite conspiracy channel on youtube next week.

Let us be patient

• Like 1

Since I would never eat a bagel, I'll just watch two YouBoob conspiracy channels instead! 😆

This is STILL bugging me!  And every time I listen to snippet of something I then have to go back and reacquaint myself with the reference tune... Oh well! 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, craigb said:

Since I would never eat a bagel, I'll just watch two YouBoob conspiracy channels instead! 😆

This is STILL bugging me!  And every time I listen to snippet of something I then have to go back and reacquaint myself with the reference tune... Oh well! 🤷‍♂️

At least, to  my taste's a great  tune, very  "re-listenable" :P

1 hour ago, craigb said:

These threads make me miss Jan (Old55).  He was so good at this type of stuff!  I'll eventually find the song I've been looking for and will then have to try and find this thread so my reply makes sense!  LOL.

Is this the song you're thinking of, Craig? It's the very first song that popped into my mind anyway when listening to the OP's song. I should say, I'm a hair metal head myself (originally anyway). My first love was Europe, and I'm pretty well-versed in the genre myself. 

Edited by Christian Jones

I think the Parr song is closer than the Communards (or anything by Bronski Beat), but it's still not what I'm trying to find...  If I can ever figure it out, it will be shocking how much it sounds like the OP's song!

I'm sure I have the song, but just trying to wade through the 5,500+ artists I have (3,300+ in my media player, with about 2,200 still to be imported - over 350,000 tracks in total) takes a lot of time!