The 8Dio Spring into Summer Sale Starts Wednesday

cclarry

The Claire Woodwinds looks very tempting at $98.  I have Spitfire Albion and NI Symphony( plus others) for ensemble playing, but the Claire solo instruments may be useful for solo instruments.  

Anyone own the Claire Woodwind Bundle?  Pros or Cons?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cecelius2 said:

The Claire Woodwinds looks very tempting at $98.  I have Spitfire Albion and NI Symphony( plus others) for ensemble playing, but the Claire solo instruments may be useful for solo instruments.  

I don't have the whole bundle, but I have the Alto Flute, English Horn, and Piccolo. I highly recommend them. They are among my favorite purchases from 8dio.   They sound great, have good legato, a lot of articulations, and three mics. But the biggest deal is that this is a seven woodwind set.  Most woodwind sets from other companies are just bassoon, oboe,  clarinet and flute--and cost more!   They are first class.  And what a price.  The idea of 7 woodwinds for $98 is crazy.

Quality Solo woods can cost a hundred or more for a single one today,  I think the Claires cost that back in 2016 when I started buying this stuff, but  quickly went down to $20 or $30 each, which is when I picked them up.  But $99 for all 7 is pretty great. 

Full disclosure: I do  prefer my  4 woodwinds from Fluffy Audio.  The Fluffy Clarinet is really extraordinary and I like the user interface more on those instruments.  But even on sale the Fluffy Bundle will cost you twice this for four instruments.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Remember these sale prices stack with the auto bundling so it’s up to an additional 50% off.

Do you guys think any of their brass or saxes would work for Jazz/Fusion/Funk type stuff or is it all either orchestral or mellow?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cecelius2 said:

The Claire flute is a serious disappointment.  C3-C4 are most likely oboe samples.  Any bundled flute in an orchestra package is better.  I get the feeling 8dio lost the correct samples and thought they could fool people and that lives up to the critics of those who say that how 8dio works.

Still it's a nice bundle.

Edited by Paul Young
  • Confused 1

You can get some free 8Dio instruments if you become part of their demo team.

From their newsletter:

Join Our Demo Team!

Are you passionate about creating music with cutting-edge software and instruments?

8Dio boasts the world's most extensive collection of deep-sampled libraries with over 300 libraries, combined with Soundpaint's ever-growing arsenal of over 135 instruments, we stand at the forefront of an industry transformation with ground-breaking instrument sampling.

Our Demo team has some amazing benefits:

1st: Receive early access to new instruments (for free), giving you exclusive access to our cutting-edge technology and innovations.

2nd: Showcase your music to the world's leading composers and producers, earning thousands of monthly streams across the globe, which is also an effective way of landing permanent gigs.

3rd: You will join our close-knit community and gain direct access to our entire team and developers, fostering a collaborative and creative environment.

If this resonates with you or someone you know, please send some examples of your music (Soundcloud or .mp3) to Marissa Johnson at marissa@soundpaint.com

We can't wait to hear from you