Strezov Sampling - The creative toolbox-piano for free

Frank

https://www.strezov-sampling.com/products/view/the-creative-toolbox-piano.html

The Creative ToolboX: Steinway Grand Piano

The second part of our Anniversary Freebie Collection: A Steinway Grand Piano sampled in a cinematic hall with 3 microphone positions

Powered by Native Instruments' FREE Kontakt Player - Full version supported, but not required.

requires free Native Instruments Kontakt Player Version 7.0.11+ or full Native Instruments Kontakt  Version 7.0.11+

Available for download and installation directly via Native Access 

Approx. 8 GB Hard drive space (~4.0 GB for the archived files and ~4.0 GB for the unzipped library)

Min. of 2GB RAM

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Sounds nice for a freebie. But there's nothing really special about it, IMO. 

Just a related thought. One of the giant differences from the pre-digital world. I grew up with one acoustic piano and one electric piano (a Wurlitzer) and that seemed awesome.  Okay, then I went and played a Steinway D and a Yamaha Grand  and was envious,  but overall,  stil very grateful to have a piano and electric piano (and lots of other physical instruments).  But in the current digital era, I have more than three dozen detailed sample piano libraries and still have several on my wish list. It never ends and my collection is modest compared to some others here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

Sounds nice for a freebie. But there's nothing really special about it, IMO. 

... But in the current digital era, I have more than three dozen detailed sample piano libraries and still have several on my wish list. It never ends and my collection is modest compared to some others here.

I also have a bunch of soft pianos and only one of them gives me the impression of playing a real one, Embertone's Walker 1955 Concert D.

When I play it with headphones and the Binaural Perspective it's uncanny.  I swear I can feel my Nektar LX88+'s keys vibrating under my fingetips just like when I played the console piano I dragged around since my early childhood till just a few years ago.

All my other soft pianos just sound badly recorded with uneven notes and unatural perspective.

5 minutes ago, Paul P said:

I also have a bunch of soft pianos and only one of them gives me the impression of playing a real one, Embertone's Walker 1955 Concert D.

When I play it with headphones and the Binaural Perspective it's uncanny.  I swear I can feel my Nektar LX88+'s keys vibrating under my fingetips just like when I played the console piano I dragged around since my early childhood till just a few years ago.

All my other soft pianos just sound badly recorded with uneven notes and unatural perspective.

I love the Embertone Walker 1955 Concert D too (okay, I have the lite version,  but it's so good, I'm not compelled to upgrade it; but if you have a compelling reason to offer why I should,  I'm certainly open to it), but I still find NI's Noire, made by Galaxy, is my absolute favorite piano library and the piano library I find most inspiring of all. I have pretty bad tendinitis and can't play very well as a result of that and many years of not practicing,  but when I play Noire, I feel I am playing better than on any other library because I'm so inspired. 

42 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I love the Embertone Walker 1955 Concert D too (okay, I have the lite version,  but it's so good, I'm not compelled to upgrade it; but if you have a compelling reason to offer why I should,  I'm certainly open to it), but I still find NI's Noire, made by Galaxy, is my absolute favorite piano library and the piano library I find most inspiring of all.

I have no experience with Noire so can't compare.  One thing I forgot to mention about the binaural recording is that the sound moves with your fingers just like on a real piano which is a big part of the realism.  36 velocity levels doesn't hurt either.

Embertone Walker 1955 (full) is still the best sampled Steinway in my collection. Noire is a Yamaha C7 if I remember well. Great for sound design, but I prefer the 300 Grand from ProductionVoices for that typical Yamaha sound (albeit a CFX). 
Best sampled grand overall IMO is still Bechstein’s Digital Grand, although I also love Wavesfactory Mercury (Fazioli) and ImpactSoundworks Pearl. Meanwhile, anxiously waiting for OrangeTreeSamples to update their Rosewood Grand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Embertone Walker 1955 (full) is still the best sampled Steinway in my collection. Noire is a Yamaha C7 if I remember well. Great for sound design, but I prefer the 300 Grand from ProductionVoices for that typical Yamaha sound (albeit a CFX). 
Best sampled grand overall IMO is still Bechstein’s Digital Grand, although I also love Wavesfactory Mercury (Fazioli) and ImpactSoundworks Pearl. Meanwhile, anxiously waiting for OrangeTreeSamples to update their Rosewood Grand. 

I love Production Voices piano libraries.  I know I've heard them in the past,  but I'll recheck the Bechstein and Pearl. I'm also eager for the Rosewood Grand update. I did fall in love with a Yamaha grand piano as a kid  and even preferred its bright tone over a Steinway (I took piano and organ lessons and my mother was a music teacher and played professionally and her studio also sold pianos and organs, so I was able to play on them from time to time), so I'm eager for that Rosewood update. Candidly,  I don't know how to make a great piano preset, so presets for piano libraries are pretty significant to me. That's one of the great bonuses with the Famous E (electric piano for those who don't know), it has more excellent presets than probably any other piano or electric piano library I own. While this piano freebie from Sterzov sounds good, there's only one preset and I really wish there was more (my mindset is that the developer is or works with people with expert skills for making presets; I'm happy to rely on their skills and focus on playing and arranging songs). 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1