Tegeler Blackbox intro

Nick Blanc

From their website:

"On June 1st, Tegeler will launch their first sound-enhancing plugin and will celebrate it by giving away one (1) Creme per 100 pre-orders.

We can only tell you what exactly it is on the release day.

Why? Because usual product announcements are way too boring.

You can preorder the plugin for 59,90€ (incl. VAT) until May 31st, 23:59*. After that, the price will increase to 99,90€ (incl. VAT) – and it won't change anymore.

We're simply not fans of pricing digital products extremely high, only to cross them off 3 days a year and quote our actual price. Everyone is just waiting for Black Friday to buy the plugin they want, and get annoyed if they need it earlier and have to buy it overpriced. That's why we will continue to follow our policy: “fair pricing without any manipulative marketing tricks.”

Here’s the coolest part, though: we're giving away one free Creme every 100 preorders, so you have a good chance to snag a free Creme with your plugin purchase. Shipping included.

This is what we can say about the plugin: it’s incredibly versatile, genre-independent, and it comes with lifetime plugin support. That’s right, no countless subscriptions or forced upgrade purchases. Buy it once and the plugin is yours. Forever.

You’ll be able to use it as often as you want in your session. You can put it in every track of your project multiple times. The only limit is your processing power, not your license with us."

Soooo, buy something you won't know you need, or else it gets more expensive. I'm in!

Edit: Link added

https://www.tegeler.com/Blackbox

Edited by Nick Blanc
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Another fun quote:

Why Blackbox

Surely you're wondering why you should buy a plugin without knowing if you need it or want it

The coolest thing first! We're giving away a Creme every 100 pre-orderers, so you have a good chance to snag a free Creme with your plugin purchase. We'll pay shipping for your cream no matter where you live

We've been synonymous with audio excellence for nearly 20 years now. Have a little faith, the plugin sounds beautiful, nestles into your projects, and is definitely a worthwhile investment for you and your sound.

The plugin is versatile, we promise you that you can use the plugin, genre independent.

I got the hardware tube reverb unit.  It's rad.  I almost got the SCHWERKRAFTMASCHINE, but plans fell through.  Maybe in the future.

I preordered this.  I'll be sure to post pics of the Creme unit I'll undoubtedly win for you suckaz to gawk at here.  

Contest kidding aside, I do agree- it's a tough sell working on a lot of blind faith, especially if you haven't used any of their gear.  I trust them enough for the $44.14 intro discount.  

Edited by e-cue
naughty word

If this thing turns out to be anything as good as the Vertigo Sound plugins (the ones they made themselves,  not the ones by PA) then no one regrets taking such a blind leap.

Hardware manufacturers have a good track record in this thing of making plugins based on their own hardware. I'm talking about the likes of Kush Audio, Empirical Labs, Vertigo Sounds, SSL and even Sonnox - who used to make the Sony Oxford consoles.

8 hours ago, e-cue said:

I got the hardware tube reverb unit.  It's rad.  I almost got the SCHWERKRAFTMASCHINE, but plans fell through.  Maybe in the future.

I preordered this.  I'll be sure to post pics of the Creme unit I'll undoubtedly win for you suckaz to gawk at here.  

Contest kidding aside, I do agree- it's a tough sell working on a lot of blind faith, especially if you haven't used any of their gear.  I trust them enough for the $44.14 intro discount.  

Oh I'm in also. Have heard a lot of good things from Tegeler and a small leap of faith was warranted. So, no luck on that Creme of yours, that's gonna be mine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2023 at 3:58 PM, e-cue said:

I got the hardware tube reverb unit.  It's rad.

Seems like they are doing a plugin version of the reverb unit.
They have announced it in their Facebook.

Tegeler presents the Raummaschine!
The best analog reverb unit will have a plugin counterpart on 01.06.
Until 31.05. 23:59 you still have the possibility to pre-order the plugin for 79.99€.
We will continue to raffle a Creme for every 100 preorders.

Compatibility:
Plugin formats: AU, AAX, VST, VST3
Operating system: Windows 7 and up (64-bit), OSX 10.7 and up (64-bit), Apple Silicon or Intel processor
DAWs: all major DAWs, including Ableton Live, Pro Tools, Logic Pro, FL Studio, Cubase, Nuendo, Studio One, Bitwig, Reaper, Reason etc.

*Offer valid only for direct purchases. Prices include VAT. Different countries might have different taxes. Every preorder will be entitled to winning a ticket for a Creme raffle consisting of no more than 100 contestants. Offer valid only until May 31st, 2023.

https://shop.tegeler.com/de/products/blackbox

Mixed feelings, but if it’s similar to the hardware, I’ll still be happy.  

I made a couple “Dark Chamber” sounding IR’s from it I use when I don’t have access to my hardware.  I’d be really stoked if I didn’t already own the (plug in controllable) hardware.  Consider me decently stoked.  

They are messing things up a bit. The Raummaschine is on the page of the Blackbox. And for a very brief moment I got very very excited (see image). Turns out the shipment was just the plugin. In the email it says that the order is for the Raummaschine but when I click on the order it says that it is the Blackbox. 

excited.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2023 at 4:05 AM, kevin H said:

Ya I couldn’t figure out how to buy blackbox. Price is much higher as it only shows me option to buy Raummaschine on that page.

Update time, I'm an idiot. Blackbox was the 'secret project name' and it eventually became the Raummaschine. They were the same plugin. So I ordered the same plugin twice. Once for 59,90 and once for 79,90.

Good news and good show of customer service: I contacted them and they immediately offered a refund. They even let me choose which one I wanted a refund for. 

• Like 1