UJAM Usynth "Glam"

Brian Lawler

No mention on UJAM site yet, but AudioDeluxe has a page (but not available for purchase as of this writing).  $79 Reg $59 Intro $39 if you own another Usynth product.  Likely a couple "DeluxeBucks" as well.  Video link at listing.

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/virtual-instruments/ujam-usynth-glam

I got the release email from Ujam so it should be available now.

Edited by Brian Lawler
released
  • Like 1

I am a steady UJAM user.  The one product line I’m not as keen on is the Usynth line.  It’s a different approach to getting synth sounds and I’m lukewarm on the approach.  But that said in each of my recent songs I’ve been using it with sound results I really like that do add a lot of catchiness to the song sound.

I can complain, but I’m glad I have it.

• Like 1

I am a UJAM fan! I have all of their VB basses, a few of their VD drums and VG guitars, and a couple Beatmakers...

And one Usynth (Drive).

I just don't get the Usynth? It could have potential if they had included a real step sequencer/arpeggiator, but instead only included a relatively small custom set of sequences that you can tweak a little without any visual feedback regarding the steps and lengths, etc. Whazzup with that?

I'm just guessing that this product was designed to "keep it simple"... well it is that! ;)

Edited by abacab

40 minutes ago, abacab said:

I'm just guessing that this product was designed to "keep it simple"... well it is that! ;)

I think that is the key-  Make it as accessible and simple as possible.  I like the sounds, but (I have all the synths) there is very much a "keep stepping through the presets" search required because of this approach.  The unified Plug-in for all the synths is nice, and at least does make it easy to jump among patches from different Usynth "products".

On 4/26/2023 at 3:26 PM, Reid Rosefelt said:

ujam wanted to bring GLAM out today (4/26), but postponed the release due to finding late-breaking bugs.  They are working on it and should have a new timeline soon.  If I find out, I'll post it here. 

Reid is so famous he has a direct line to Pharrell and Hans haha

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

No it’s just because I used to be an affiliate in my Tiger days, so they still send me emails.  But GLAM is out now.  

In my head you are super famous so i‘ll stick to that theory haha.  Thanks for the updates.

Is it just me, or is Usynth always tied to the UJAM app? I have the Usynth "Drive".

What I have been seeing here is that the UJAM app starts up every time I insert an instance of Usynth in a project. And I cannot fully close the UJAM task until I delete the running instance of Usynth.

This is strange, and it has happened with every DAW that I have tried it with, not just Cakewalk. Sometimes a DAW's plugin scanner triggers the UJAM app to launch in the background if it scans Usynth. My other UJAM instruments do not do this.

35 minutes ago, abacab said:

Is it just me, or is Usynth always tied to the UJAM app? I have the Usynth "Drive".

What I have been seeing here is that the UJAM app starts up every time I insert an instance of Usynth in a project. And I cannot fully close the UJAM task until I delete the running instance of Usynth.

This is strange, and it has happened with every DAW that I have tried it with, not just Cakewalk. Sometimes a DAW's plugin scanner triggers the UJAM app to launch in the background if it scans Usynth. My other UJAM instruments do not do this.

It is not just you, it is by design.  I remember reading some blather from them about "keeping your synths up to date", but I do not understand why it remains resident after you exit your DAW.  It is easy enough to kill it in the Windows System Tray, but I am always suspicious of stuff like this that wants to keep running when you are not using it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

It is easy enough to kill it in the Windows System Tray, but I am always suspicious of stuff like this that wants to keep running when you are not using it.

Right! You can kill it, but only if the plugin is NOT running. If you exit the DAW and/or plugin, UJAM continues to run in the background.

If you try to close the UJAM task while the plugin is active, UJAM politely asks you to close the plugin first. WTF?

Edited by abacab