Baby Audio’s New BA-1 Synthesizer Plugin Emulates The Yamaha CS01

satya

On 4/25/2023 at 7:11 AM, Benny Bear said:

I have an original Yamaha CS01 (my first proper synth) and so this is the first time a vst emulation is out from something i own.

I was really pleased to get the Virtual CZ From PB on sale some time ago.  That was my first synth, but I traded it away long ago.  It is a great emulation BTW.  Playing with it is a time trip. I imagine there are a few nostalgic shoppers that will look at this.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 9:23 PM, chris.r said:

a bit controversial, I know, but at the same time an independent opinion so always worth sharing 

Thanks for sharing.

It's the first time I've seen a video from that guy, but I like his style - I appreciate the unbiased opinion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, antler said:

It's the first time I've seen a video from that guy, but I like his style - I appreciate the unbiased opinion.

I've seen a couple of his videos, he's strongly subjective. For example when I first watched the BA-1 walkthrough video from baby audio's website I saw the sidechaining feature explained and my first thought was "oh great, no need to pull out another plugin just for that!", as he simply found it useless, LOL. There might be things I wouldn't agree, but like you I always appreciate unbiased opinion.

I will probably buy this anyway for it's sweet '80s sound, for fat sounds I have other synths :). If only I could know how long is the intro price...?

Edited by chris.r