A new small setup.

Tony Carpenter

3 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

Well thank God we got that cleared up before he went out and got 30 rolls of green tape. Whew! 

I'm pretty sure Amazon will take them back which I will do as soon as they arrive.

• Haha 2

Toontrack EZ and Superior Drummer are green tape, my XLN Addictive Drums are blue for sure.

I hear all used Mogami cable (dunno what Bapu has on his analog clone).

Edited by Sheens
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Sheens said:

I hear all used Mogami cable (dunno what Bapu has on his analog clone).

Should you happen to be wealthy enough for these, it's VERY important to follow directions or you might unrecord something! 😜

MonsterCableArrow.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, craigb said:

Should you happen to be wealthy enough for these, it's VERY important to follow directions or you might unrecord something! 😜

MonsterCableArrow.jpg

I happened to get a set of those very expensive cables for Christmas one year way back in the late 80s early 90s iirc? I still have them. I think they were something like $45 for a single 3ft cable? I remember the little arrow stickers. They are long gone now so I guess I'm screwed. 😁

I had a high end Sony head and high end Sony cassette deck.They were too good. The hiss from the tape deck just sitting idle was unbelievable. Same woth the cd player. Hooked up my $1.99 radio shack cables and it went away.

I spent a fortune on those cables when I was a kid. The thing I remember about them most was they were so tight I broke a couple RCA Jack's getting them on and off. I remember the place I bought it all from charging me $75 for a "high end" optical cable for the CD player. Still have it too, and about 30 free ones that came with various things as the optical connection became more widely used. 🙄

Monster cables were the ONLY item that Guitar Center wasn't allowed to discount but, when they changed their packaging, GC was allowed to blow out all of their stock at 15% of the usual price!  I found out behind the scenes and pretty much bought their entire stock.  That's the only reason I had 'em!