Native Access updated to 3.3.0!

asprog

3.3.0 - 2023-04-11

It’s been a busy Q1. The team has been changing the way they work which caused some delays as we adjusted to the new setup. But since then, we’ve kickstarted a ton of investigative work and are working on four different releases simultaneously. This is our first phase, where we addressed a few bugs, made major improvements to the Add Serial registration flow, and made some major quality of life improvements to the product. Kontakt content products should be less frustrating to install, and first time installations should be clearer to newer users. We’ve added a quicker way to navigate to some sections of our ecosystem, and made it clearer what products are available to users.

The most important part of this release, however, is that we’re deprecating support for Mac OS X 10.14 and Rosetta 2. The two prior hotfix releases we did was in an effort to make sure 10.14 users are not completely blocked from using Native Access, but they will no longer be able to update. To update, please update your operating system to 10.15 or newer. Your Native Access experience will likely degrade over time, but we will not support NA2 versions 3.2.2 and below.

Tune into our DevTalks coming on Thursday for more information on what’s coming in the next quarter.

REMOVED

NA2 no longer prompts you to install Rosetta 2

NA2 no longer supports 10.14. Users should remain stuck on 3.2.2 if you’re on 10.14. If not, contact support.

Removed emoji & symbols keyboard from MacOS menu bar

Removed products from the Available tab when they’re part of a canceled/expired subscription

ADDED/IMPROVED

Added keyboard shortcut to wipeout full serial input (CMD/Ctrl+Backspace)

Updated infrastructure

Added dedicated product detail pages. Click on a product image to open

Added Go to Shop link (subject to change) to get direct access to the NI store

Updated our diagnostic systems

Broke up the generic Add Serial error message to more specific error messages for better diagnosing

Users should no longer be prompted to download the latest version of Kontakt if they’re installing a content product that’s compatible with their installed version of Kontakt.

Adjusted the content of the initial install success modal to better reflect next steps for newer users

Added link to release notes in the Help section

FIXED

Fixed an issue where Kontakt 7 was falsely marked as needing Kontakt to run

Addressed an issue where Windows users were prompted to give full disk access, a common bug in Mac OS X 13 (Ventura). Reverted the error message back to generic Installation Failed.

Addressed an issue where our diagnostic systems were consuming too much CPU usage on startup

Fixed a bug where when delaying updating Native Access on Windows caused the app to become unclosable through regular means

• Thanks 3

I don't know what it is about Native Access, but at least they're consistent. In v1, every time I started it, I got a message at the bottom saying that Reaktor Player 6 had been successfully installed. Every time. Now with v3, I get a message at the top right that they're sending my usage data to the devs and I can manage that in Settings. The first thing I did when installing v3 was to disable that in Settings. But I still get that message every time I start up Native Access v3. Every time. Sheesh. 🙄

Edited by John Maar

12 hours ago, John Maar said:

I don't know what it is about Native Access, but at least they're consistent. In v1, every time I started it, I got a message at the bottom saying that Reaktor Player 6 had been successfully installed. Every time.

I get that with Kontakt 7 Player.

• Haha 1