8DIO Downloader updated

cclarry

On 4/9/2023 at 11:17 AM, simon said:

is anybody buying enough 8DIO stuff to make a product downloader worthwhile ? 

It takes me too much work to get realistic sounds out of 8DIO libraries. Lots of articulations, but hard to utilize. Maybe it's just me...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fret_man said:

It takes me too much work to get realistic sounds out of 8DIO libraries. Lots of articulations, but hard to utilize. Maybe it's just me...

It's not just you. 8Dio string libraries especially tend to be a massive dump of articulations without intuitive KONTAKT scripting. That is why it did seem a bit odd that they would attempt to build their own sample player (with SoundPaint). A very talented musician friend of mine had advised me against buying their string libraries years ago explaining all of this to me, but I was lured by a sale to pick up some string libraries. On one hand, when their libraries are on the latest sales (which are a lot deeper discounts than when I started buying their libraries), they're a pretty great bargain -- but there is a giant caveat to that bargain: if you want intuitively scripted libraries that make a library fun to play in real time, 8Dio isn't the best choice.