APD Deal - IK Multimedia Easter Popup Event

cclarry

8 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Just saw that getting AmpliTube 5 MAX this way slashes another $100 off the Total Studio 5 MAX price. 

Are you saying $99 for AT5 Max at APD gets you TS Max 3.5 at APD for $100?  If so, (1) how is that different than getting TS Max 3.5 for $199 and (2) Wouldn't it be better (more bang for the bucks) to get TS Max 4 from IK for $299 minus the $50 coupon that's been mention or minus up to $90 in Jam Points? 

Nah, I’m saying that if you don’t have anything MAX from IK, getting the Amplitube 5 MAX from APD for $99 should get you the Total 5 Max  for $299, hence your outlay would be $399 instead of the $499 crossgrade price from other stuff.

In your case probably your latter choice is best as you already seem to have an older Total MAX version. 

Is it worthy to think about Total Studio 3.5 MAX at that $199 price point? Especially if one is just starting out in the world of music, daws and whatnot (for his own enjoyment rather than trying to make a living out of it)?

I've already picked up Arturia's Collection and Komplete 13 Standard from sales and have been enjoying them quite a bit. Arturia's stuff should render Syntronik somewhat useless from what I gather? 

During googling and searching I came across the notion that apparently IK has some 'peculiarities' when it comes down to managing the library ie. downloading/(de)activation?

Thanks for any input. 

18 minutes ago, Kirean said:

Is it worthy to think about Total Studio 3.5 MAX at that $199 price point? Especially if one is just starting out in the world of music, daws and whatnot (for his own enjoyment rather than trying to make a living out of it)?

I've already picked up Arturia's Collection and Komplete 13 Standard from sales and have been enjoying them quite a bit. Arturia's stuff should render Syntronik somewhat useless from what I gather? 

During googling and searching I came across the notion that apparently IK has some 'peculiarities' when it comes down to managing the library ie. downloading/(de)activation?

Thanks for any input. 

Still, I would say yes. It’s a huge bundle with many great products like the Hammond, the reverbs, the tape machines, the new SampleTron, good piano and keys, and some great effects. 
Moreover, I wouldn’t say that TS4 MAX has a lot more you’d need, to the contrary. 
Get TS3.5 MAX and upgrade in a year or so for $70 ($99 minus the Jam Points you’ll be getting now). 

14 hours ago, Kirean said:

That's something only you can answer. The deal is good: there's some great stuff in there. MODO Bass is probably my favourite bass VI, the tape machines are CPU hungry but do something magical on the master bus, and lots of other great stuff in the package too. But, if you're just starting out there's an argument that says it might be better to learn the basics with your DAW's stock plugins (which are typically very good these days); when you get a feeling for what does what, you're then in a better place to demo and decide what plugins you want/need (if any).

Syntronik is sampled from real synths. It's less flexible because it's sampled, but some say it sounds 'better' because of it. So it depends on whether you need a more realistic sound, or the flexibility to program it exactly how you want. And then there's the question of whether someone can tell the difference once it's in the mix.

The software can be downloaded as often as you need (as long as you don't abuse the system I think), but the sampled sound libraries (for SampleTank, Syntronic, etc) must be downloaded within 180 days. If you want to download after that, you need to pay a small fee to reactivate the downloads. So if you do buy, it's recommended to download everything even if you don't need it yet, and archive it. I think I read somewhere that if IK update the libraries they will reset the counter so you can get updates without paying.

Edited by antler
  • Like 1