PA_EXT ⚡️ Acon Digital Restoration Suite 2

cclarry

I have iZotope RX7 but a more fair comparison would be with the 💔Waves💔 Noise reduction plugins.

I have the impression that the noise reduction algorithms on this plugins are always the same: a big number of expanders implemented via FFT with thresholds calibrated by a noise sample.

But the vinyl clicks and crackles would require some DSP tricks and I think that every developer will do this in a particular way.

Anyone ever cared to compare?

Edith said to me that the individual plugins sales at $30 are back on the Waves site!!!

Edited by Sergio
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sergio said:

As it's half the current price of Clarity VX I think is useful to watch this video:

Also be careful/aware that the Acon doesn't come with the dialog extract or derustle dialog plugins in this package.

For what it does come with DeNoise 2, you really need a section of consistant noise to grab for it to work fairly well.  

While I don't like WAVES, ClarityVX is the only thing I care about from them, and I already own Acon DeNoise 2.  (And RX Elements).  The use of each depends on the source.  

I think it is absolutly worth the $15, but it won't have the magic of ClarityVX on some sources.

• Like 1

Some time ago I compared DeClick2 and DeClip2 with the ones of RX7. In most cases the results were about the same, but in some special situations I found that Acon's plugins worked even better. But as @Brian Walton said, the Restoration Suite contains only 4 modules, although DeClick2 can be used in a broader range. An absolute advantage of the Acon plugins is that the authorization is totally offline!

5 hours ago, Sergio said:

I have iZotope RX7 but a more fair comparison would be with the 💔Waves💔 Noise reduction plugins.

I have the impression that the noise reduction algorithms on this plugins are always the same: a big number of expanders implemented via FFT with thresholds calibrated by a noise sample.

But the vinyl clicks and crackles would require some DSP tricks and I think that every developer will do this in a particular way.

Anyone ever cared to compare?

Edith said to me that the individual plugins sales at $30 are back on the Waves site!!!

I haven't compared iZotope RX and Acon Restoration Suite that much, but I did find that the Acon De-Click was better at removing vinyl clicks on a couple of track, if you have RX you probably don't need it though, but if you can get it for $15 it's worth having.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ashley_k said:

I haven't compared iZotope RX and Acon Restoration Suite that much, but I did find that the Acon De-Click was better at removing vinyl clicks on a couple of track, if you have RX you probably don't need it though, but if you can get it for $15 it's worth having.

In the end I decided to save those $15 and bought Clarity Vx. It was as if I got it for $15 too 😀